Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by elklemi

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Always wanted to go to Cuba and I prefer the smaller ships and the price was good and right after the holidays I hoped the ship would not be crowded and not too many kids which turned out to be correct on both counts. The dry dock had the ship looking great and the crew was really great. Embarkation was so quick and smooth than any other port I have been at, I was on the ship a little after 11. I was E187 inside room and very nice and never did hear any noise from restaurant above my cabin. Food in main dining room had no taste so much better at buffet which I prefer anyway. I Still have no idea why everyone loves guys burgers but I still can't see the attraction. There was a singer on the ship, Emma Jude, who was very talented and enjoyed listening to all the live music on ship. There were very few announcements from cruise director which I really enjoyed. I spent most of the day on the serenity as wind was less noticeable there. They had tv's at all the bars on national championship game and nfl playoff games and there was crowds at those venues. Departure was also very quick and wish every port was as good as Tampa. Did notice cutbacks on food and salad bar fixings have been really cut back on but I always had plenty to eat.

elklemi's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4A E187

cabin had plenty of room and nicely redone after drydock

Tampa

so very easy to get on and off the ship, plenty of hotels near airport with free shuttle to hotel ande $13 uber to port

Havana

Went all over Havana to get a feel for the city, very well done

Cozumel

I love Mexico and always find a small bar away from the crowds and went to Sunset Restaurant and Bar 15 minute walk from port

elklemi