• Newsletter

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2019
Cabin: Inside Stateroom
Havana harbor

This was my 7th Cruise. I have previously cruised 3 times with Carnival, twice with Norwegian, and once with Holland America. I selected MSC based on price and itinerary. I wanted to visit Havana, and MSC offered a great price and itinerary out of Miami. The overall quality of the cabin, service, and food was not significantly different from my previous experience with other Cruise lines. Let me be perfectly clear here...I would NOT purposely choose MSC for quality of food and service, nor would I reject MSC for food and service quality. In my opinion they are the same as Carnival, Holland America, and Norwegian. What did MSC do that stood out to me as better? The embarkation process was fast and organized. What stood out as noticeably poor to me? The evening dining room service, food quality, and food portion made the buffet a better option. If evening dining experience is key to your cruising value proposition, you may want to look elsewhere. If you want great port calls and a good price out of Miami, check out MSC.

Inside Stateroom

Cabin I1

Sufficient for my wife and I. Bed was comfortable. Attendant was efficient, friendly, and kept the room comfortable and clean.

3 Helpful Votes