• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

sherrider
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2018
Cabin: Veranda Stateroom

My husband and I have wanted to do a river cruise for some time. He is from Budapest so we went on the pre-cruise to have time to visit relatives and explore that wonderful city.

Viking was amazing in arranging arrival and departure and all activities during our cruise. The ship was perfect, service impeccable, entertainment with Oliver above and beyond. Our cabin with veranda was well designed and very comfortable. Sitting on the veranda as we moved down the river, often so close to the banks I could hear the birdsong, was like being on a huge canoe with no paddling! Going thru the locks was especially interesting for a first time river cruiser. Excursions were well planned and the guides were excellent and very knowledgeable. We loved to dine on the outdoor patio at the front of the ship. And during the cruise we met a group of fun, adventurous couples that made the cruise especially fun. I am still in touch with most of them. We are eager to take another river cruise and Viking will be our first choice.

Veranda Stateroom

Cabin B

Cabin was wonderful. Good storage. Loved the contemporary decor. Bathroom could be a little tight for a large person. Not a problem for us. As a building contractor I especially appreciated the attention to detail.

Port Reviews

Regensburg

We had the earliest departure from the ship so it was very early in the morning. Even so there was a young woman to meet us at the airport and see us to the airline desk. And of course Viking transported us from the ship to the airport.

Find a Viking Egil Cruise from $2,199