3. Viking Egil
My husband and I have wanted to do a river cruise for some time. He is from Budapest so we went on the pre-cruise to have time to visit relatives and explore that wonderful city. Viking was amazing in arranging arrival and departure and all activities during our cruise. The ship was perfect, service impeccable, entertainment with Oliver above and beyond. Our cabin with veranda was well designed and very comfortable. Sitting on the veranda as we moved down the river, often so close to the banks I could hear the birdsong, was like being on a huge canoe with no paddling! Going thru the locks was especially interesting for a first time river cruiser. Excursions were well planned and the guides were excellent and very knowledgeable. We loved to dine on the outdoor patio at the front of the ship. And during the cruise we met a group of fun, adventurous couples that made the cruise especially fun. I am still in touch with most of them. We are eager to take another river cruise and Viking will be our first choice.

Fabulous First River Cruise

sherrider’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Egil price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 227
Cabin was wonderful. Good storage. Loved the contemporary decor. Bathroom could be a little tight for a large person. Not a problem for us. As a building contractor I especially appreciated the attention to detail.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins