3. Vision of the Seas
We took a 16 day cruise from LA to New Orleans. This was out 5th RC cruise. We’ve enjoyed the others. The ship was nice, not too big. The cruise director was wonderful. Very friendly and creative. On this cruise however the dining room food was worse than terrible. We were in second seating. Food consistently arrived over cooked, cold, and not as described in the menu. Try a baked potatoe that has been overlooked so it’s brown inside, and then cold so butter won’t melt. Or a steak ordered medium rare that comes out well done. Ok. Mistakes happen, but not in every order, for all 8 people at the table. We complained, sent food back, spoke to a head waiter, always met with excuses and denials. Finally a chef came to our table. He was confused. Couldn’t understand how it was happening, and offered to fix all our food the next night himself. We spoke with other passengers. People in first seating had no complaints, while 2nd seating had consistent problems. One couple who were cruising back to back said the food on the previous cruise was excellent, it this cruise was terrible. The chef fixed our food and it was better, not great, but improved through the last five nights of the cruise. Regarding the excursion desk. We had bought an excursion in Panama to take a boat on Gatune Lake and a tour of the locks. Two days before the stop we received a notice in our stateroom. It was worded as a “reminder” that our tour did not visit the locks. What? It also listed it as 1.5 hours shorter. Fortunately I had printed out a description of the tour and had it with me. When I went to the desk another woman was complaining. I asked to speak with the manager. She finally came. I explained the problem and she told me I was wrong. It had never included the locks, and was never posted as such online. I had to bring my printed description to her, and even the she tried to deny it. I asked for a different tour that included the locks. She said I had to pay more...$70 more, because the tour was almost 2 hours longer. I pointed out that the tour I paid for was 1.5 hours longer than what she was trying to get me to take. She ignored that. She finally offered me the other tour at 20% off. It still cost much more than the original tour. The most upsetting thing was she continued to treat me like I was the one wrong. She never acknowledged that the tour had changed. She never apologized. She remained rude the entire time. If this had been my first RC cruise I would not have ever gone back. I have one more cruise scheduled with RC with grandkids. After that I will think long and hard before I cruise with them again.

Nice ship, horrible food and excursion desk staff, tiny stateroom

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by Manazefa

Manazefa’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 2V
The cabin was extremely tiny. Even though my husband had to refrigerate His insulin there was no refrigerator. We were told there were refrigerators in the higher decks. Finally one was brought in, but it took up a lot of the sparse space. Our room steward was excellent, but the stateroom was the worst I have ever had on a ship. It was extremely noisy, with metal doors slamming and banging metal on metal sounds all night. We had no idea where the noise was coming from.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins