3. Independence of the Seas
We chose Independence of the Seas having been on the RCI previously and were really disappointed. We went on in June 2018 just after the re-fit. The re-fit was really just about putting more cabins into places which had previously been public places so we found that there were a lot more people than there were seats, sunbeds, lunch tables, etc. You had to arrive at the shows 20 minutes before the show to be sure to get a seat (not a good one - just a seat!!!) The quizzes ran out of question sheets, even if you arrived well before the quiz was due to start. The photo gallery was such a hard sell that even though I wanted to buy photos I didn't as every time I went to view them I was pounced on by staff trying to sell things to me so I couldn't look at my photos. No self laundry service either and I had to ask our stateroom attendant for everything which we had previously been given as part of the service. The food was only average too, such a shame as previously RCI had been head and shoulders above Princess, I have now booked with Princess for 2019 and really looking forward to it. :)

Less impressive than we were expecting

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Suzefirstcruise