Viking Orion Cruise Review

Wonderful cruise -- Informative -- Excellent Ambiance/Food

Viking Orion Cruise Review by watsondonalda

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

We chose Viking because of all the cruise lines we have been on, it was the best in every way. They took care of every detail -- from the time we boarded our plane from home to the time we got back home. The personnel were outstanding - personal, attentive, friendly, and service oriented. Our room was always clean and attended to, the food servers wonderful and we most especially like our wine steward. The people we met while we dined and were on our excursions with were so nice -- it added to the fun of the trip. We like that there are no small children aboard as the focus is adult food and ambiance. The fitness and recreation also geared toward adults - excellent.

The excursions we chose were wonderful. I especially loved the excursion to the winery in the Calabria region as it took me back to my roots - Pompeii a little bit of history. No matter where we were the tour guides were attentive and informative.

We extended our tour in Tuscany. That part of the tour far exceeded my expectations. We had a guide, Daniel, who tended to those of us who stayed at the villa from the time we disembarked the ship until we boarded our plane home. In between the excursions, the ambiance, the people at the villa -- I cannot say enough good things about the whole experience.

We will always choose Viking Cruises over any other cruise line.

watsondonalda's Full Rating Summary