3. Viking Sun
This was my first venture across the Atlantic. My husband was in service and had visited some of the countries 50 years ago. When I suggested this cruise, he was interested to see what, if anything, had changed. We chose a pre cruise extension in Rome which was amazing. We spent two days exploring with visits to the Colosseum and Vatican City, St. Peter's Basilica, shopping and restaurants. Our hotel was convenient to everything. The major positive of this experience was the fact that Viking was so organized, their employees very gracious, and the follow-up phone call from Vic was unexpected. We did not have one complaint about anything. We truly enjoyed our stewards - Viveck and Rinaldi (I hope I spelled their names correctly). We got to meet and enjoy the company of the entertainers: Tina, Shaun, Josh and Amelia. Truly exceptional voices and so friendly. Overall the entertainment was unbelievable including Minky G and her guitar. Enjoyed talking with Alex in Torshavn, and Suzannah in the SPA. The dining experience was beyond expectation. The tour guides on the shore excursions were so informative which enhanced the shore excursions' experiences. The people we met during our free time in the different countries were so nice to us. And of course, our ship, The Viking Sun, was fabulous. We did a one day post extension in Paris which was so memorable. While we got to the top of the Eiffel Tower at night, we were disappointed that we didn't have time to experience the Louvre except by night by taking photographs. I wish we could have done two days in Paris. My husband's sister and her husband have traveled several times with Viking River Cruises. They praised Viking for their attentiveness and graciousness. We would like to also "pay it forward" with our compliments to Viking, the crew, and the whole fabulous experience.

Western Mediterranean December 2018

Viking Sun Cruise Review by Happily Retired Traveler

Happily Retired Traveler’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sun price drops

Everything about the cabin was exceptional. Comfortable bed, convenient room size, ample closet space, relaxing veranda. The daily TV information was helpful. The attentive stewards were so nice and had a great sense of humor. Room service was unbelievable.