3. Carnival Glory
This was about our 10th cruise and our 2nd time on Carnival. It is the first time we did a 7 day cruise, all the rest have been shorter. This trip was for my wife and I to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Little did I reallize that we would be on a ship packed full of college kids on spring break. Most of the time it was not a problem, however finding a lounge chair by the pool or a seat at a table in the casino was a problem at times. Just to give you an idea of how full it was, the capacity of the ship with double occupancy is about 2900 and we had 3400 passangers on this cruise. Now on to the review:

Ship: The ship is in good condition, having just come out of dry dock about 4 weeks before.

Public areas: The casino is very nice. One of the best I have seen on a cruise ship. The dining rooms, show room, shops and pool area are about what you would expect. I was disappointed in the public rest rooms. They are very small for the number of people using them. The ones near the pool and casino were always crowded and hard to get around in.

Food: As most people have said the food is good but not outstanding. We did try the Emerald Steakhouse one night. In my opinion it is not worth the extra $30 per person. The food and service were only marginally better than the main dining room. What has happened to the midnight buffet? There was none during this cruise. There was always pizza available and normally something else like the grill or deli, but I would have thought that on a 7 night cuise we would have had at least 1 nidnight buffet.

Service: Was very good on this cruise. Our waiter Baryo was exceptional. Our room steward was good, although she did forget to get us beach towels 1 night.

Shore excursions: In Cozumel we did our own thing. In Belize we did a combination zip line and cave tubing trip though Island Marketing, which was to much to do in 1 day. (See boards for more info) On Roatan, we did the beach break package "B" to Mahongany beach. Well worth the $39.99 for 2 people. I also did the "Behind the Fun" tour of the ship on the last day. This tour was very interesting if like to know how things work. They also throw in a bunch of goodies that makes it worth the $95.

Full Boat

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by thanna

thanna’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Interior
Cabin 4G 8361
Our cabin 8361 was good. It was close to the elevators but not too close. We were just a couple of cabins down from the laundry, which has an iron set up for us by passagers. This was very handy.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins