• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Seabourn Ovation Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

Very disappointed in Seabourn - still waiting on a response from them

Review for Seabourn Ovation to Asia
Gfivestar
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2018
Cabin: Veranda Suite
Traveled with children

Gastro broke out on the ship and many of the cabins in lock down / isolation. It spread like wildfire.

Birthday celebration cruise for my dads 90th really ruined a week each as he and I got sick Booked a triple cabin on first night told there was a shortage of rollaway beds and that my dad may have to sleep on couch. Balcony door handle fell off twice during cruise couldn’t access balcony for nearly 2 days. Whilst experiencing very high winds and rough seas the voices creaking in cabin was so loud we didn’t sleep for 2 nights despite being midship. Service was lacking other than a few standouts (Krystel our stewardess, rhe art teacher. Maria). They held a few activities for kids which was good. Food in Collonade was average the fruit is often old rotten bananas. Food in Restauranr and Sushi good. Thomas Keller nice setting bit my steak was dry and slightly tough. Staff in food outlets didirb seem to have time or inclination to really connect with guests. I think there is less staff and they are under more pressure. If really showed. Lots of other things but having completed a Seabourn Criise around Pacifix last year which was great we were very disappointed. A lack of response by Seabourn again shows very poor service. We stopped at Bangkok Christmas Day and we were looking forward to shopping etc only to find it was a 2.5 hour car ride each way into Bangkok (false advertising). There seemed to be some general disappointment with Seabourn from fellow travellers. The word is Regent Crude line is a much better option.

Veranda Suite

Cabin V5

See above super noisy during rough seas, balcony door handle fell off trice. Otherwise new nice

Find a Seabourn Ovation Cruise from $3,999