• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Hayliegolden
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2018
Cabin: Club Veranda Stateroom

I had told my husband that my bucket list was to see Machu Picchu and had been since high school. So we booked on the Pursuit. We had heard there were problems with food etc but to us it’s just something that will happen because it’s a new ship with new staff learning the ropes with seasoned staff from some of the other ships. We never went on this cruise with high expectations because of the nature of where we were, where we were heading and the type of conditions in weather etc we could face. We were very lucky with the weather overall being nice with the odd rain but expected in snow capped mountainous areas.

Our adventure to Machu Picchu was fantastic, 5 star hotels all the way, absolutely 4 wonderful guides who met our every needs. All 21 of us got along famously and we all agreed it was the highlight of the whole trip. As one of them said, the guides did everything except put the toothpaste on our toothbrushes. I will put up photos once I get them organised.

We enjoyed the cruise, seeing things and going places we would probably never gone to. There was a factor that prevented us from stopping in one port ,having to do with filters but we were not affected except for the missed port. Pursuit was supposed to go to the Falklands but being a place where weather ,wind especially , plays a huge part in deciding if a ship can make it or not, we did not make it there. 21 foot waves, a 3 mile tender, and a return trip would have been miserable for everyone. Sasha and his group scrambled to give us new shore excursions at a new port of call while the Captain and his crew scrambled to find a port we could go to. It all worked out so I commend the captain and all those involved for all the very hard work they did to keep us happy.

Club Veranda Stateroom

Cabin V2

It was just fine! Just the same size as balcony cabins on the Quest. We had no problems with it except my husband who is much taller than I fought with the shower curtain. The trick to that is to either stand sideways or better yet when the curtain is wet along with the water gutter just carefully pull the curtain tight by putting you toes on the bottom of the curtain,pull down and squash it against the he side of the trough. It works! the curtain sticks to the side for a while. If you giggle st my suggestion ,I’m glad.

Port Reviews

Stanley

We didn’t make it as the winds were too high and the waves were up to 21 feet. too stormy.

Santiago (Valparaiso)

We didn’t stop there because of the evaporator problem in the engine room . We didn’t have any lack of water but it did make for a slower trip to the next port. We go with the flow and carry on.

Find an Azamara Pursuit Cruise from $1,469