3. Azamara Pursuit
I had told my husband that my bucket list was to see Machu Picchu and had been since high school. So we booked on the Pursuit. We had heard there were problems with food etc but to us it’s just something that will happen because it’s a new ship with new staff learning the ropes with seasoned staff from some of the other ships. We never went on this cruise with high expectations because of the nature of where we were, where we were heading and the type of conditions in weather etc we could face. We were very lucky with the weather overall being nice with the odd rain but expected in snow capped mountainous areas. Our adventure to Machu Picchu was fantastic, 5 star hotels all the way, absolutely 4 wonderful guides who met our every needs. All 21 of us got along famously and we all agreed it was the highlight of the whole trip. As one of them said, the guides did everything except put the toothpaste on our toothbrushes. I will put up photos once I get them organised. We enjoyed the cruise, seeing things and going places we would probably never gone to. There was a factor that prevented us from stopping in one port ,having to do with filters but we were not affected except for the missed port. Pursuit was supposed to go to the Falklands but being a place where weather ,wind especially , plays a huge part in deciding if a ship can make it or not, we did not make it there. 21 foot waves, a 3 mile tender, and a return trip would have been miserable for everyone. Sasha and his group scrambled to give us new shore excursions at a new port of call while the Captain and his crew scrambled to find a port we could go to. It all worked out so I commend the captain and all those involved for all the very hard work they did to keep us happy. Wine in the main dining room was fine though we thought that as far as the four choices each evening could have featured wines from the countries we visited. I still enjoyed the wine though and thought they were good. My husband decided to take the ultimate package as he drinks more wine than I do. Food was good ,hot in the dining room but I think there could have been more variations. Their lamb shanks were so good as was the fish. They also had choices for those who are vegan or vegetarian. The waiters were terrific and when they weren’t working on the dining room they went up to Windows Cafe. The room attendants were so accommodating and worked very hard to keep our rooms clean. Overall I think it was a great cruise , you just have go with the idea that anything can happen and don’t have high expectations.

Wonderful 21 days cruising the coast of Peru and Chile

Azamara Pursuit Cruise Review by Hayliegolden

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Club Veranda Stateroom

BBMacLaird, CBO - Azamara Club Cruises has responded
Thank you for the cruise review Hayliegolden. We appreciate that you took the time to write it. We hope to welcome you back aboard soon!
Hayliegolden’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azamara Pursuit price drops

Club Veranda Stateroom
Cabin V2 7045
It was just fine! Just the same size as balcony cabins on the Quest. We had no problems with it except my husband who is much taller than I fought with the shower curtain. The trick to that is to either stand sideways or better yet when the curtain is wet along with the water gutter just carefully pull the curtain tight by putting you toes on the bottom of the curtain,pull down and squash it against the he side of the trough. It works! the curtain sticks to the side for a while. If you giggle st my suggestion ,I’m glad.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Argentine Estancia
    Only 8 of us went on this ship’s excursion. It was a beautiful day, with wonderful company, very gracious ranch owners who raise polo horses. The gauchos were pleasant , the food so good. It was a really relaxing ,pleasant day out of the city, in the country, fresh air. I don’t know what it would be like with a large group but we were relaxed.
    View All 11 Argentine Estancia Reviews
  • Osorno Volcano
    It’s was a good excursion. The area is beautiful. Thee was raining up on the volcano as it was in clouds. No matter if you bring warm jackets or raincoats if you do see that the clouds are hovering over it. This was the beginning of summer and with it comes rain. Be prepared with the right clothing.
    View All 15 Osorno Volcano Reviews
  • Pantagonia Walking Tour
    The food we ate at the was really good, bbq beef, not how northAmerica does it ,but better. Live entertainment too. It was a lot of fun. The walking is more for those who are mobile. Some found the hike hard because of the steps that go up and down the sides of hills. Some steps are built out of dirt and logs. We also went on a flat walk.
    View All 1 Pantagonia Walking Tour Reviews
  • Hammer Island Penguin Rookery
    This trip involves a good walk uphill nd downhill. Expect to take up to an hour or so to walk it , take photos, watch the penguins, and listen to the experts, The penguins have the right of way when they want to cross the roped path. We were also told to back away if they start coming towards us. It’s their island and we are the visitors. Some people did get closer even after being instructed to back away from these little residents. Don’t depend on the Falkland Islands to see penguins. It’s only a 50/50 chance that you will get to go there. If you are unsure if the ship will make it then book this tour. It will be your last chance and besides isn’t this why we come this far south? To see the penguins.
    View All 3 Hammer Island Penguin Rookery Reviews