3. Carnival Victory
We cruised from January 4-7th on the Carnival Victory from Port of Miami going to Nassau, Bahamas to get some after holiday’s R&R. We drove down to the port and we did a pre-pay parking service thru Jet Port this was easy and convenient, and they also provide a shuttle from parking to the port. The embarkation was easy and went quickly to the ship, the picture takers were snapping pictures as we went thru the gangway to get onto the ship, we also paid $39.95 for Faster to the Fun (FTTF) and with this service you're supposed to get priority security check in and boarding with first access to your cabin, priority luggage to your room and debarkation choices, it's purpose basically is to provide faster and priority service and price is per cabin so if you have multiple people in your cabin it will pertain to all parties, and based on my experience this was a total waste of money to spend on this service because even though we had it identified on our sail and sign card none of the crew seem to matter or acknowledge for that fact that we had FTTF. Once we got to our cabin room 6223 which was an inside cabin with balcony which is closer to the bow of the ship, our luggage wasn't there when we got there so I found our cabin steward to see where our luggage was since we purchased FTTF and other cabins had their luggage waiting, he advised us to give it a few minutes it took about 20-25 minutes to get luggage-No FTTF there, we then decided to go the guest services to inquire about the internet services that they provided and to add money to our sail card, they offer Wi-Fi Service and their HUB App with the Wi-Fi service you can only communicate thru apps i.e. Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, twitter which was not worth getting to be to only be able to communicate thru those apps you can also purchase for $5.00 the HUB app texting where you can text your party or people that have the app and pay $5.00...FYI if one person gets the Wi-Fi I was told everybody in the party has too purchase also. Made our way up to the Lido Deck which is the pool deck area which you will also find your informal/casual dining such as the buffet. Guy's Burger Joint was my first stop for some burgers and hand-cut fries which was delicious lines moved fast and practically no wait. I purchased the CHEERS! beverage program which is an all-inclusive drink program I paid a flat daily rate (again if one person purchases the program the whole cabin party must purchase. I hate the way carnival nickel and dimes you for every little thing. For the most part I enjoyed the cruise, the food was phenomenal weather we ate at the Lido Restaurant or the Pacific Dining we signed up for late dining which is around 8:15 our waiter Louie was very nice and accommodating, provided us with whatever we needed never felt as if we were bothering him, he was always nearby. I did find that some of the crew tended to be very rude especially when they called us to the muster station for our emergency practice as well as when we disembarked the ship, I found that to be unacceptable. Due to the playoff's the football games were being televised in the Skybox Sports Bar so I spent much time watching the games on Saturday and Sunday the bartender Davut was so nice and friendly we talked and joked around he was the best!!! I enjoyed to cruise all in all until we got back to the port to disembark we check our bags the night before so you have to have them out by 11pm the night before as a FTTF member-------BIG MISTAKE !!! while we were dining for breakfast they cleared the ship back in port and started calling the different decks for the people that didn't check their luggage and basically no one check luggage so the debarkation process was a mess and got backed up because everyone with luggage was getting off first and FTTF was not acknowledged they even stopped letting people off for about an hour to get things settled down they started shoveling people into one of the large entertainment rooms and we sat and waited until it was our turn to go and we didn’t get off the ship until around 10:30 -11am these people were rude rude rude and talking to people any kind of way until one of the passengers actually said something to them. just don’t waste your money with the faster to the fun FTTF because they don’t even acknowledge it, it was like we penalized for checking bags because the others were given first priority-which sucks- I digress on this issue ----all in all I did have a good time and would book again in hopes that those kinks will be worked out in the future.

Could've been a lot better

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by bangieb1123

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Premium Balcony

bangieb1123’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Premium Balcony
Cabin 9B 6223
The cabin was nice it was just a smell of some sort that lingered around
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins