P & O's Ventura is a lovely ship with many good amenities, lovely caring staff and good food. We could fault nothing about the ship. However, we were amazed at the type of passenger that it seemed to attract. Perhaps we chose the wrong cruise, going to the Canaries in the midst of Winter or getting away from it all over the Christmas period. There were a large number of people on board who would have been better suited to a few weeks in Benidorm or Blackpool rather than a luxury cruise. They had no manners, had foul language and many were covered in tattoos. They pushed and shoved in the eating areas and had no consideration for other people. I can only surmise that P & O must have had difficulty in selling this particular sailing and discounted many cabins to appeal to this low-life. I also think that this company should consider limiting how many wheelchairs and mobility scooters are allowed on their ships. I can appreciate that disabled people are entitled to a holiday but too many on one crowded vessel just causes problems. Many a time I came across arguments in lifts and I, personally, resorted to using the stairs. The users just barged through regardless of others and on one occasion a whole tray of food went up in the air and the contents spilt all down the wall. We paid for one of the best cabins on this ship, which was a blessing, as we could have some peace and quiet when required and had marvellous service from all the cabin staff. In future we will not be travelling from Southampton as this seems to attract the "Bargain Brits". Our next cruise will be a fly-cruise with Celebrity.

Passenger Misfits

MadgeS’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Ventura price drops

Family Suite with Balcony and Bath/Shower
Cabin AE A753
Lovely suite on the back of the ship with double balcony. Cannot fault the service we received.
  Ventura Deck Plans