3. Viking Orion
The ship was glorious, the crew was very kind and attentive, the music, artwork, planetarium, movie under the stars, the speakers, afternoon tea, dining, a well pampered facial, accommodations and so much more were all wonderful. Within the ship and crew, I have nothing but appreciation and thanks for jobs well done. So, making allowances for the "newness" of the ship, crew and excursions - any and all concerns I may have experienced dealt with some excursions (and I would guess Viking made appropriate adjustments). At Komodo, the steps on the dock and the rapidity of return of guests to the tender each rate review and improvement. Communications among the Komodo staff on the ground were obviously lacking when a guest was missing from the group (turns out that she or he had simply walked back and was fine) and in quickly locating the dragons. This becomes a safety concern - especially given the retirement age of some guests, environment and remoteness. The cancellation of trip to the Great Barrier Reef was disappointing (but rightfully so due to poor weather) - but the fees were refunded and a nearby aquarium visit was quickly arranged and a surprisingly good visit. Otherwise, I would prefer to forego visiting Thursday Island and perhaps Darwin in favor of spending more time in Sydney. Visits to the animal reserves were great! I was delighted to pet a koala and kangaroo - and see a duckbilled platypus and feed some jumping crocs. The photographs of wildlife and landscapes I took during this trip are amazing and creating a lifetime of memories! This also included "sharing" some of my lunch with wild cuckatoo on beautiful Hamilton Island! Would I go again - absolutely! I have been on multiple cruise lines, but Viking will be the only one I will travel with in the future.

General Overall Review and Comments - Viking Orion - Australia

Viking Orion Cruise Review by p1969912

p1969912’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Orion price drops

Truthfully, I do not recall the cabin number other than it was on the 5th deck. It was comfortable, well designed and with a refrigerator that was stocked daily. The bathroom floors are heated, there is an in room safe, coffee maker, robe, slippers, balcony, Internet access - and so much more. There was nothing further I needed at any point during the trip