3. Viking Orion
Our 4th Viking Ocean cruise (on four different ships). It's been interesting to see the minor 'tweaks' to each edition of ship that Viking has rolled out. But overall the Viking Ocean ships are amazing in our opinion. Not a huge 'mega' ship with thousands of passengers, but still offering excellent dinning choices and impressive stage/auditorium facilities. Always have interesting guest lecture series. And I am a big fan of their spa facilities. Specifically on this ship, the Orion, Viking has installed a small planetarium which was a nice option for entertainment (although they need to improve the 'caliber' of what they show as to content. One show 'Mission to Mars' may entertain a 8-10 year old, but to the average Viking passenger..... I'm not so sure. Try harder to entertain in the planetarium. To score the planetarium itself, I would give the facilities themselves a 100% score. Content to the movies shown inside? A score of around 75%. Always wanted to go to Australia/N. Zealand area. From someone who has had multiple Viking Ocean cruises, the one common area that I see they need improvement in is excursions. I'm not saying they are horrible. In comparison with other areas of the ship that I would grade between 95-100%, excursions would be graded in the 85-95% area. That's why I scored as I did.

Recent Viking Orion Australia/N.Z. Cruise

Viking Orion Cruise Review by Etexvrc

Our 4th Viking Ocean cruise (on four different ships).

Always wanted to go to Australia/N. Zealand area.

Etexvrc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Orion price drops

7008 is always our cabin.