3. Norwegian Jade
I chose the Panama canal cruise on the because it listed Belize and Costa Rica as some of the ports. Stability:Norwegian Jade is small and the ship seemed to sway even with the small waves. I have been on The princess in much rougher seas and not felt it rock like this ship. It could not dock in Costa Rica which was disappointing. Cruise Itinerary;The 11 days had far too many sea days and just a few hours in each port of the 5 ports we saw on 5 of the days .The sea days did not include many interesting topics but instead seminars just appeared focussed on selling excursion ,diamonds or art. Restaurants:We were given fresh cutlery with old food stuck on it more than once . Hair in the food in the buffet as well as in sit down restaurant. We liked the Alizar restaurant the best. The Jasmine disappointing.O sheehans good for 24 hr food.Waiters were excellent.I would rate food as better on Princess . Norwegian maybe equal to or slightly better than Carnival in regards to food but worse in regards to cleanliness,You could find drinking water only when restaurant is open no containers of drinking water anywhere else unlike Princess or carnival that had areas where lemonade and water was available. Evening Entertainment was excellent better than Princess. A lot of staff were from other countries and some had limited fluency in English. Princess had better items on sale in the ship stores at better prices Shore excursions; Prior to embarkation; cruise consultant and pre board shore excursion staff had limited knowledge .You were put on hold hung up on several times and they appeared uninterested and even slightly rude unless you were buying without asking questions.We booked the excursions before we got on the ship and avoided long lines on board ,We were allowed to cancel 48 hrs before the excursion. Belize stop was Harvest Caye a Norwegian privately owned area -seemed artificial to me.Similar for Costa Maya port in Mexico both did not make you feel you saw the country. Some of the excursions in Roatan snorkeling in Westbay was enjoyable -Glass bottom boat in Belize was interesting not a lot of colourful fish to see but if you don't snorkel this is at least an option to see the coral etc. The ship going through the Panama Canal was interesting. Gatun lake a long drive and saw a few animals but atleast saw a little bit of the country during the few hours stop . Hop on Hop off in Cartagena gives a quick view of the city. Shore excursion are available in most ports even if you have limited walking ability so this is a big plus. Would I recommend this cruise as value for money - probably not

A comparison of cruises

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by j jake

Hair in the food in the buffet as well as in sit down restaurant.

Evening Entertainment was excellent better than Princess.

Princess had better items on sale in the ship stores at better prices

Hop on Hop off in Cartagena gives a quick view of the city.

Would I recommend this cruise as value for money - probably not
j jake’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IB
A plus was the cabin was quiet ;
Cons;The cabin service was poor sheets were not changed frequently sheets had stains carpet seemed to have hair not vacuumed.A contrast to Princess where beds turned down towel arrangement and chocolate welcomed us daily.Toilet paper thin like a cheap motel . Not even body lotion in cabin.
The mattress was soft and gave me back pain so I slept on the floor. I heard a similar complaint from others. I did complain but they had no spare mattresses.
The water in the sink is drinkable I found out from someone who did a ship tour but this is not mentioned as they try to sell you bottled water .
The bathroom is small you have to sit sideways on the toilet if you are average height
Towel racks appear flimsy and cheap.
The safe did not work and had to be replaced.
No laundromats unlike princess and Carnival where you could wash.Te special sale was $20 for housekeeping to wash a bag of clothes
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins