3. Viking Sky
My wife and I were interested in exploring southern Italy after several couples we had met on a prior Viking river cruise shared their experiences with us. We were a bit reluctant to take an ocean cruise because our past experiences with ocean cruising was disappointing with overwhelming numbers of passengers, long and difficult disembarkments at ports, and subpar cultural enrichment experiences. The Viking Sky is much smaller than most other cruise line ships; less than 1,000 passengers, able to dock at a berth (no need for a water taxi), yet offering all the top notch amenities. Our cruise was phenomenal. The Viking Sky is a new ship with elegant appointments throughout. I believe there were 4 restaurants to choose from on board ranging from casual to formal. The staff always helpful and friendly, treated each guest as if they were royalty. Perhaps what I liked most about our cruise, was the emphasis on engaging in the culture of the country we were visiting. On the evening prior to an arrival at a new port, the cruise director provided an overview of the various tours being offered as well as things to do if you were planning to explore on your own. In three words, A fabulous adventure.

Italian Sojourn: A Fabulous Adventure

Viking Sky Cruise Review by ocfirecaptain

ocfirecaptain’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

Cabin was roomy, nicely appointed, with a balcony with room to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee.