3. Viking Sun
We booked this cruise because of the itinerary and my wife's experience with Viking river cruises. Both the destinations and the hospitality were outstanding! The tour guides with real historical chops and the resident historians were stars. The food was on par with a legend of Valhalla (see what I did there?) We loved creativity of the Chef's Table, and were surprised it wasn't more packed. We were also pleasantly surprised by the excellent musical talent of the entertainment; they were professional and I would not be surprised to see them in first class musical theater productions or commercially successful in selling recordings. My only disappointment was the unavailability of spots on some shore excursions. In particular, we were unable to get in the Alhambra tour, and that was one of the top three reasons we picked this cruise. Bottom line, we loved it so much that we signed up (on the boat) for another ocean cruise in the eastern Mediterranean in 2020, and we are trying to get our extended family members interested.

It was all amazing. As a history buff I loved the tours.

Viking Sun Cruise Review by matthypaspist

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Europe

matthypaspist’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sun price drops

Not merely comfortable, stylish. The room steward was outstanding.