3. Norwegian Sun
I choose this cruise for the itinerary and did not have any expectations regarding the quality of food or condition of the ship. My family enjoyed every minute of the two week cruise. The embarkation in Chile was SOOOO smooth! We arrived at 12:30 and basically walked right on board. It was effortless. Disembarking on the other hand was a little more hectic in Buenos Aires. The Sun and a MSC cruise were both disembarking at the same time. It was chaos outside. I am not sure what NCL could have done differently but it was a little overwhelming. Our room: standard balcony on the ninth deck. The room was tight for a family of four with limited storage. The recent renovations gave to room a fresh look. Dining: We had the dining package that included four specialty dining meals. The mdr had a nice selection of food that did not repeat for the entire two weeks. We were so impressed! The quality was very good. We ate at the French restaurant and while we enjoyed our meal, it was the same quality in the mdr. The sushi restaurant was good. They charged an additional $8 fee per person but we enjoyed it (especially the poke bowl). Then we had two dinners at the steak house. It was our favorite even though the lobster bisque was the same served in the mdr on New Year’s Eve. Drinks: The best bar on the ship is the champagne bar! Freddie makes the best drinks. Activities: we went to every family activity and game show. It was so much fun! From family charades to family circus training it was all awesome!!! My kids (ages 7 & 8) LOVED the kids club. Marco Polo was amazing! The kids preformed a circus show at the end and it was so cute! Ports: every single port was stunning!!! In my opinion the only disappointing port was Puerto Madryn, Argentina. Get to Voluteer Point if you can make it to the Falklands!!! It was insane walking about with the King Penguins on their turf in their natural grounds.

Our South American cruise surpassed all of our expectations!!!

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by PriceIsRight36