3. Carnival Spirit
Overall the cruise was above my expectations. Room: We were in room 7302 aft balcony and I will be requesting an aft balcony for future cruises. The room was spacious enough for my husband and I and 6 year old and having a balcony gave us a lot more flexibility in space ( somewhere to dry clothes and towels, stash sandy shoes and snorkel gear, read, sun bake and get some fresh air). The aft balcony meant we got great uninterrupted views with none of the wind and it was very quiet as the only other people going past our door was the staff and neighbours. Cleanliness: Room attendants were fantastic, unobtrusive, friendly and even left a special message, balloons and toy for my daughter on her birthday - I didn’t even have to organise it. Meals: lots to choose from. My husband doesn’t like buffets and lives for a good steak so he insisted we eat at the fancy restaurant a few times. Meals there were VERY good and not very expensive, however I actually preferred the dining room meals and the staff there really went above and beyond. The buffet was also good and we all loved the 24 hr pizza. The only thing that could of been done better was the drink packages. None of my family do soft drinks or wine. Beer, liquor and good coffee is what we want and they didn’t have a drink package to cater to any of these and we ended up paying a small fortune for 10 days of good coffee. Entertainment: always something to do for everyone. We all like very different things and each one of us was happy doing some things by ourselves and somethings together. Kids club: my daughter loved kids club ( so did we) and we never felt guilty taking her there as whenever we went to pick her up she would have a spit because she wanted to do whatever the next activity was. Staff: this is where I was blown away. I can not say enough good things about the staff. Friendly, patient, entertaining, always willing to help and they go out of their way to make you feel special - considering there is 3000 people they attend to daily this is no mean feat! I was disgusted in the way I saw many other cruisers treat the staff, but they took it all in stride. For many English is a second or third language, but they still remember your names, how you like your orders, what you drink etc, and many times we were what seemed like extra special care even though they probably are like that for everyone. Our waiter Ketut and his staff must have a special mention as I cannot list all the ways they were good to us. Destination: each place we visited was more beautiful then the next. It may seem like I am praising everything from a holiday high but I have been back in the real world for 3 months now as I write this. I am usually a critical person but was amazed at how great our experience was. Even my husband who gets motion sickness and prefers to stay indoors loved it and we were both surprised at how very little movement we noticed in the ship and no one got sea sick at all.

Beautiful destination, amazing staff, great room

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by JLBlack

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony
Overall the cruise was above my expectations.

Destination: each place we visited was more beautiful then the next.

JLBlack’s Full Rating Summary