Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by cbinsofla

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda 1A

I chose this holiday cruise for my family since we had not been to South America and not travelled on Celebrity Cruise lines before. we have been on many cruises and lines all over the world but had just never seemed to go on Celebrity so we gave it a try. This itinerary looked great on the website and even had one of the highest overall ratings by reviews which I really can't understand why. We have one family member with mobility issues and in a wheelchair, and what they don't inform you of when booking is that guests who cannot walk on their own are virtually stuck on the ship for the entire cruise. Most port were accessed by tender and the port that didn't involve tenders had such convoluted ramps and gangways and busses involved; it was too scary to attempt to disembark. for those of us that did get off the ship we found the ports to be dreadful, dirty and poor locales which were only depressing.We did take a couple tours one to see penguins which was nice but a very long drive from the port. The other to "the end of the world" which was the end of the Pan American Highway, and a drive through a National park. Every activity on the ship was just a sales meeting for something else to buy or "experience for an additional fee". I always hear the food on celebrity was so wonderful but in reality I found it to be below the level of RCL the lower level sister company. In fact Norwegian Cruise line food and dining is far superior to Celebrity or RCL. The ship was generally clean and modern but nothing too extraordinary about Celebrity Eclipse. This cruise should have never been offered to anyone with mobility issues at all in the first place. Celebrity sure "misses the boat" with this S American trip, and I am really not sure I will even be willing to give this line a second chance; it was just that awful.

cbinsofla's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda 1A
Cabin 1A 9137

Cabin was nice and clean but there was huge areas of peeling paint on the veranda

cbinsofla