3. Norwegian Bliss
Due to medical needs, we were allowed to have priority boarding. While embarking on the ship, we noticed people literally running by us. Two quite large young woman literally pushed me out of their way (I wear an ankle brace due to recent bone graft surgery). Then we saw another couple sprinting up the gangway. We had wanted to buy passes for Vibe Beach Club and once we got to the area and were 8th in line, we were told that we did not have a number therefore we could not purchase the pass (no one was giving out numbers). The large women that pushed me out of the way were already there right in front of us and had numbers. We were also told that they only sold 15-20 passes and that everything else was sold out. My understanding is that they have somewhere near 70 passes to sell. Its impossible that they sold 50-60 passes when we were one of the first passengers on the ship.. Something was not right. We have always gotten the Vibe passes and have sailed numerous times on Norwegian Cruise Line. We did report this to the higher ups and let them know that this has become a very volatile, dangerous situation. It was like a stampede. We have never seen this on either Epic, Getaway, Escape or any other ship for that matter. We told Wade (the guy selling the passes) that if we could not get passes then we would be getting off the ship. He put us on a waiting list and I told him that I would be back in touch with him in an hour. Fortunately, we were able to get the passes. I must say that the Vibe Beach Club is usually almost empty so I do not understand where all the passes go because the people do not show up. I don't remember exactly how many cabanas there were (5 or 6 I think) and only 3 of them were taken and we were told that the other are reserved for high ranking officers. I don't understand why these officers can't go to Haven. It's always empty over there. This cruise line really needs to get their act together in my opinion. Now to move on to the casino. The ventilation is not very good. As soon as you get off the elevator the smell of smoke almost chokes you. They also have a very large smoking area which makes the non-smoking area much smaller than their other ships. Specialty restaurants - Not so special. They were better on Getaway and Escape. The first dinner at Cagneys was horrible, but in their defense, they gave us another night to make up for it and the food was much better. Cagneys had always been our favorite specialty restaurant. Keisha was great and was able to redeem the restaurant. LaCucina was not good at all and the service was terrible. It took over 2 hours and we missed the show that night. We also missed the show the first night due to the Cagney fiasco. It seemed that many of the guests were also having issues. We were told it was because hundreds of crew members were switched at Miami. So, needless to say, we were not having such a great experience this trip. This was going to be our last cruise for awhile due to upcoming intense medical treatments, so to say we were disappointed would be an understatement. In closing, unless NCL does something different about getting the passes for Vibe Beach Club and their embarkment procedures, we will most likely sail on other cruise lines. I am not going to risk getting hurt by passengers who have no manners and will push, shove and almost trample other passengers to get the passes. I have never seen anything like it in all my years of cruising. It's shameful for a cruise line to allow this to happen.

Chaotic

mynameiscruise’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD
Cabin was just average. Nothing special.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins