3. Golden Princess
I had travelled on the Golden Princess around 2 years ago and enjoyed it very much, so we had no hesitation in making another booking and looked forward to our first Christmas & New Year away at sea.I then started doubting if I had done the right thing as there were so many negative reviews during the months previous to our departure. I am so glad that I chose to ignore them as we had a magnificent time. Yes, there are some signs of wear and tear, yes there was the odd leak of water and I actually did see one bar waiter who had forgotten how to smile. Did these things wreck my cruise experience - no way! I have decided some people expect way too much, or haven't done enough research as to what product they are buying. 2 fellow travellers mentioned they weren't enjoying the cruise very much and upon my questioning them as to why, I never got a proper answer so I soon dismissed what they had to say. On the contrary, the majority of people were having fun, there was a very mixed age group and quite a number of younger people and families but maybe this was because of the Christmas departure. Our Mini-suite was clean, comfortable and did the job. Tiny bit of rust out on the balcony but after all, she is a ship at sea and this will happen over time. First time we had shared the cabin with a 3rd person and the sofa bed was made up each night and reverted back to a sofa during the day. Also first time for Anytime Dining for us. Worked well and we never had to wait. Food excellent - lots of choice, food was served hot and we never had to wait any length of time for drinks. Loved the burger bar and pizza bar up on deck. Horizon Court was good for us for breakfast, and we enjoyed the odd room service breakfast which arrived on time. Cruise Director P.J. was one of the best I have experienced. Entertainment crew were very good, as were bar staff. Shows were super, and my only gripe was that I never managed to win a Trivia game - I so wanted one of those "life changing" prizes! Only did one shore excursion out of Auckland to Waheiki Island - worked well although the start time was very early morning but that would have been due to an alteration in our arrival/departure times for Auckland. Would I travel again? Yes. Next cruise is booked again on the Golden. I can see that you could find fault in some areas if you try hard as she is an older ship, but I think you have to be fair and nothing spoilt my holiday and I have come home feeling refreshed and with some lovely memories.

Another enjoyable cruise on the Golden Princess

Golden Princess Cruise Review by feejul

feejul’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB D322
Great location - enjoyed the living area and it meant we could invite a family member to join us knowing that there would be more than enough room for the 3 of us. As mentioned, a little bit of wear and tear, but nothing too drastic. New bed was great.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins