3. Oasis of the Seas
My in-laws purchased this cruise for our entire family of almost 30 people. The entire thing was absolutely designed to take as much money from you as possible. They nickel and dime you mercilessly. I ordered the same drink the entire time and the price was never the same. I felt psychologically manipulated the entire time by the layout. I understand that it’s a business. But their methods are ham handed at best. I felt like just another head of cattle in their money making operation. I felt like a cog in someone’s personal cash machine. Don’t bother staying onboard when in port. Almost everything on board is closed. Any last minute purchases, you’re out of luck. Anecdotally, the line questioning charges at debarkation was massive. Toss in that virtually our entire party now has the flu. It wasn’t my best cruising experience by far. The boat is far too large and carries entirely too many people. It’s a floating Petri dish. If you really want a pleasant cruise stick with Holland/America. Our party took a vote afterwards and it was unanimous, which is unheard of in this family. None of us will ever travel with them again.

Mercenary

Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 5D 9280
Tight per usual. The bed was nice. The sleeper sofa may as well have been made of concrete. Our cabin attendant was excellent. The movies and internet were having constant difficulties. For such a small room there are a lot of nooks and crannies for things to disappear into. The air conditioning barely functioned the entire time. Except where it was already cool to begin with. It just wans’t a lot of fun on board. The excursions were nice but nothing special. None of us could figure out how to turn off the bathroom light. The childrens activities consisted of a play room with a TV playing movies. Not much, really. The entire experience was basically dead average at best. Suffice to say our entire party voted unanimously that we will never cruise with Royal Caribbean again.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins