Zuiderdam Cruise Review

Zuiderdam Cruise Review by conniemac5

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Booked this cruise because of the itinerary. I live in Florida and look forward to seeing the change of seasons. This fall cruise from Quebec to Ft.. Lauderdale had lots of change of scenery and weather. I was unprepared for the snow that fell in Quebec during October; however, it was light and delightful for this Floridian. From snow to the shores of Florida -- lots of change of weather and temperature.

Before boarding the cruise we spent two days in Quebec City in the "Old Town". Our hotel was charming in this quaint walled city. While rain hampered our touring, the charm of the this city and it's fine restaurants made up for the weather. We toured the town in horse carriage -- way to go!

After boarding the ship, our first excursion was a boat trip up the Sagenay Fiords. Learned a lot about the area and enjoyed the colorful scenery during this day long trip. We sailed into a storm and took refuge for a day and then proceeded to Bar Harbor Maine. I love this tourist town. Many delightful shops and restaurants and lots of fall color..

I am disabled and travel with a scooter. Holland America ships are well equipped to handle my needs. Holland America ships mid-sized and afford me access to all areas. The food in the dining room is exceptional. One of the best things about this line, is their staff. They are so very friendly and accommodating.

I appreciate the ease of boarding the disembarking. Holland America has managed to make this process easier.

Since I spend time in the casino, I do wish that they would do something to enhance this experience. Lively casinos are more fun.

While the tours are good and cater well to the handicapped, the on board staff always has a long line waiting to get information and their hours are short. I would recommend making arrangements prior to boarding.

conniemac5's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VD 5076

The cabins are very well maintained. they are small and do not accommodate a small scooter. I had to leave it in the hallway. Appreciated the plug ins for my devices (ipad, phone).

Saguenay National Park

This tour allowed us to go through the park and see the fall colors and the enjoy and boat trip up the Fiords. Learned a lot about the area and certainly enjoyed the foliage.

View All 2 Saguenay National Park Reviews
Bar Harbor

Bar Harbor is charming. We loved strolling though the town enjoying the shops and restaurant.

Boston

Boston is an adventure into history. I enjoy the many historical sites. I've been there several times and never tire of the experience and always find new things to see and learn.

conniemac5