3. Carnival Vista
We booked these cruises as soon as it was announced that the Vista was coming to Galveston. We were lucky enough to go do a Mediterranean cruise on her and loved the ship. We booked Cabin 2451 in the Family Harbor area as we had on our previous cruise. My family consists of myself, my husband and twin boy and girl 13 year olds so having 2 bathrooms with 2 showers comes in handy. We received word that the previous cruise would be coming in an hour later than expected so we went to the port a little late (12:30pm) via Uber from our hotel in Galveston. Once we arrived, we were ushered very quickly through everything and on the ship within 5 minutes. We are platinum but even the other line was extremely short. When we got on the ship we went and had some lunch and by then it was time for our room to be ready. When we went to our room and most of our luggage had already arrived. Our room steward was fantastic (Samsul) and offered cleaning once or twice a day. I asked that we just play it by ear each day and he was great with that. If we were sleeping in, he skipped us but if we got up, he would clean the room. Regardless, it was always cleaned while we were at dinner with a towel animal when we came back afterwards. We never had the same one throughout the 14 days. Not a big deal but I thought it was nice that he tried to make our experience special. We did laundry daily (platinum benefit) and they now have plastic bags instead of the paper. We like that because we have torn our fair share of paper bags. Laundry was returned the morning of the following day - very expeditious! The Vista Wifi is really good, I paid the for the Social Media and Email option before I got on board and was able to do work things while on board. I certainly cannot claim that on many ships. I was able to use my phone as a hot spot with the internet and do payroll for my employees on my laptop when I had planned on using WIFI in Cozumel. The shows on the ship are Studio VIP, Cubano Amor, Flick and America Rocks. If I had a complaint about Carnival - it would definitely be that several ships have the same production shows. The only shows that we have not seen on other ships was Cubano Amor and America Rocks. My daughter and I literally have the choreography memorized for Studio VIP and the play list memorized in Flick. (this includes 88 Keys and Epic Rock but not on this ship) We do cruise twice a year but not the same ships. It would be nice if each ship had its own shows. Matt Mitchem is fantastic, there is a reason he wins Cruise Director of the year. He goes out of his way to talk to as many passengers as possible. We are trivia buffs and like that the trivia on this ship was a little different than some featuring specific TV shows and Movies and of course they always have the decade music trivia. Some of the trivia hosts even had their very own questions and a few quizes to choose from. For a B2B cruiser, this is definitely a plus. Its not fun to go when its the exact same questions every week. (No we wouldn't win on purpose, lol.) The TV's in the room have an HDMI output so we had brought a cable and our laptop with a hard drive to watch movies on. It worked perfectly and my husband used his NFL Ticket to catch the Miami Dolphins games on the Sundays on our room TV while we were in port in Galveston. We ate in the Main Dining Room early seating and had a wonderful wait staff, Romel & Andi. There were many options every night to choose from. We like the port selection as an option since the majority of the menu is similar fleet wide. The second week, we actually changed our dining time to 8:15 because we wanted to go to the family comedy shows. All of those shows are during dinner time which is a bummer. Unfortunately, our wait staff was moving to Anytime Dining the following week so we didn't get to keep them. Our new wait staff was ok, nothing special though. We did go to all of the specialty restaurants the second week. Our family always loves the Italian, we enjoy the Chicken Parmesan so much! We had a wonderful waitress and a wonderful time. The kids bailed out on us for the night we went to Fahrenheit 555 because they don't like to sit at dinner quite that long. We had a wonderful experience. We both ordered the Spiced Rib-eye and it was delicious. We really loved the table art dessert, such a neat option! We haven't been since they changed out the menu and it was wonderful. Lastly, we went to JiJi's and this was our first time going even though we have sailed 4 times on a ship that has one. We loved the food so much! I am mad that we never went before now. The Chicken spring rolls, the shrimp dumplings, kung pow chicken and sweet and sour shrimp were just fantastic! Everything is served family style so you can try so many things. Since we went B2B, we met in the Library Bar between cruises with the others that were going B2B and they had champagne waiting for everyone. They had a photographer take a photo of the entire group and then individuals of each family. A few days later, we received complimentary 8x10's in our cabin of the group and one family photo for each of us. The captain sent us a bottle of champagne to our cabin on Sunday and a bowl of fruit with a card that we could request specific fruit items each day to our room of our second week onboard. Favorite Things on the Vista - Fresh Creations - Salad Bar on Serenity Cloud 9 Thermal Suite - Thalasso Pool and Heated Benches Atrium - I disagree with most, I love the cozy feeling and I love the Video Screen IMAX - fun to catch a new movie onboard, the bottomless bubbles is honored here as well Lunch Time - Italian and Mongolian Grill, sit down option vs standing in line Lanai Area - Christmas morning we stayed outside in a swing table playing games most of the day and it was just beautiful! Family Harbor Area - great to have hot breakfast options so close to your room and a place to play games, grab a snack later in the day, and watch movies. I do think it closes much to early though.

B2B December 16th & 23rd

Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Family Harbor Deluxe Ocean View
Cabin FJ 2451
Family Harbor Oceanview Room - two bathrooms, plenty of storage for 4 people.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins