• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Dec 2018
Cabin: Family Harbor Deluxe Ocean View
Traveled with children

We booked these cruises as soon as it was announced that the Vista was coming to Galveston. We were lucky enough to go do a Mediterranean cruise on her and loved the ship. We booked Cabin 2451 in the Family Harbor area as we had on our previous cruise. My family consists of myself, my husband and twin boy and girl 13 year olds so having 2 bathrooms with 2 showers comes in handy.

We received word that the previous cruise would be coming in an hour later than expected so we went to the port a little late (12:30pm) via Uber from our hotel in Galveston. Once we arrived, we were ushered very quickly through everything and on the ship within 5 minutes. We are platinum but even the other line was extremely short.

When we got on the ship we went and had some lunch and by then it was time for our room to be ready. When we went to our room and most of our luggage had already arrived. Our room steward was fantastic (Samsul) and offered cleaning once or twice a day. I asked that we just play it by ear each day and he was great with that. If we were sleeping in, he skipped us but if we got up, he would clean the room. Regardless, it was always cleaned while we were at dinner with a towel animal when we came back afterwards. We never had the same one throughout the 14 days. Not a big deal but I thought it was nice that he tried to make our experience special.

Family Harbor Deluxe Ocean View

Cabin FJ

Family Harbor Oceanview Room - two bathrooms, plenty of storage for 4 people.

1 Helpful Vote