3. Norwegian Bliss
We booked this cruise for our honeymoon. We knew it was going to be over Christmas and anticipated it to be crowded but did not realize how crowded it would be. There were A TON of children. That being said, we knew there would be some kids but we never realized there would be this many. Embarkation was very smooth. We had the first time slot (11:00 am). There was no line and we walked almost right on to the ship. We immediately went to find the spot to buy tickets for Vibe beach club and it was already sold out. I was so disappointed since this was our honeymoon and I figured it would be the best place to escape the children. There weren't even that many people on board and it was barely 11:00 am! I don't know how all the passes were gone so fast. We then went and signed up for lazer tag (these spots fill up fast) and the person who was taking the reservations was doing it on a piece of computer paper with a pencil and not on the computer. We later discovered he registered us for the wrong time and place ( racetrack at 5:30 instead of lazertag at 5:00). They ended up letting us do it but it was still aggravating. The pool bar was open and we had a drink and then some lunch at the garden café. There were announcements being made on the top deck but you couldn't hear them so we have no clue what time our room was ready. We decided to check and see around 2:00 pm and it was ready. Our luggage was delivered during the safety presentation (around 4:00 pm). Our cabin was nice (10880). It had a balcony and the bathroom was bigger than past cruise ships. Joseph was our room steward and he was great. We had him empty out the mini bar so we could use the fridge. The TV's were updated because you are supposed to use them to make some reservations for events such as the silent disco (also sold out on the first day) and the comedy clubs. At first, the ship seemed overwhelmingly large. I got the hang of it after the first day. We had the specialty dining package and ate at specialty restaurants on 4 nights. The best of all of them was Q. We had an appetizer and split the combo platter. It was DELICIOUS. We ate at Los Lobos on Christmas eve. It was just okay. We used the dining package so we were both entitled to an appetizer but only had one delivered. I tried one of the fancy specialty margaritas but it was not that good. I had the fish tacos and they were just okay. My husband had a burrito and he said it was good. The best part was the dessert. It was home made ice cream with dulce de leche sauce on it. I could have had ten of those. The service at Los Lobos was subpar. Christmas day we went on a snorkeling catamaran to St. Thomas. It was amazing. We booked the earlier time slot. The crew was amazing. We snorkeled and then were brought to a smaller island for some swimming and we were served painkillers on the way home. It was a great day! The best day of the whole week was our excursion to Jost Van Dyke. We took a catamaran over there (about 45 minute ride) and sat in the water all day drinking pain killers from the Soggy Dollar. They returned to pick us up and we got back to the boat with 15 minutes to spare. It was great. The Bahamas were unmemorable. The port was dirty and crowded. I was glad we didn't book anything that day because it was raining. I couldn't see spending almost $500 on Atlantis either. Cagneys on Christmas night was just okay. The waitress was super nice but obviously busy as it was Christmas. The food was good but it didn't blow me away. We ate at Taste one night and that was okay as well. The menu was the same pretty much the next night when we ate at the Manhattan room. We did eat at Teppanyaki one night and that was delicious. I was hoping for sushi as an appetizer but the only place, I was told, to get sushi on board is Food Republic. I went there one afternoon and they were closed. I returned to get some at 5:00 pm (dinner wasn't until 8:30 that night). It was good. The service was just okay. Aggie was our favorite person on board. We tipped him the first day and he never let us go thirsty every time we were at the pool. The Jersey Boys play was GREAT!! Definitely worth seeing but make sure you make your reservations ahead of time. This was the worst part for us: The people in the room next to us slammed the doors morning, noon and night. When we asked guest services to talk to them, it was never resolved. I think they had teenagers in the room but it was just so aggravating. One night, the door slammed 5 times at 1:00 am. It was very annoying. I am one of those dreaded smokers. The smoking on the ship was a problem. There was one spot ALL the way in the back of the boat (Spice H20). It took a while to walk there from the main pool deck. I know we are almost an extinct breed but it was ridiculous that was the only spot. You could also smoke in a small spot in the casino (closed room) but only when the ship was at sea. This was very disappointing as well. The last issue I had was that there were signs everywhere that say you cannot save lounge chairs. This was not the case. One morning I went upstairs at 7:30 am and almost all the chairs near the pool were gone. One couples chairs were held for over 4 hours before I saw them. It made me anxious every morning that I had to get upstairs for a chair before I would have to sit a mile away. The whole process needs to be looked at. One day they tagged chairs for people who they hadn't seen but only removed a few towels. It definitely wasn't enforced. All in all the cruise was good. We relaxed and had a few great days. I probably wouldn't go on a cruise with so many days at sea again (3 in total). There was a lot of down time and with so many people on board, it was hard to relax by the pool. I work for the schools so I can really only take time off during vacations so I anticipate the rest of my vacations will be filled with kids which is okay, I just wish there were more adults only sections.

Ups and downs

moconnell113’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD 10880
Always clean, bathroom was bigger than the previous cruises we had taken. Bed was comfortable. Sheets were soft. Good closet space.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins