3. Norwegian Getaway
With the amount of money you spend for this cruise, I expected a lot more quality! Beds were so uncomfortable, saggy, worn out. The “free food” was cafeteria quality in the buffet and downright inedible at the only restaurant available 24/7, O’Sheens. Don’t even bother with that restaurant - it’s that bad. The free restaurants Savor, Taste and Tropicana were very good but of course very limited hours. The extra cost restaurants were excellent! But why do I have to pay extra for excellence? I expected the buffet to be more available but they shut down before evening entertainment over so if you’re hoping for late night dessert, forget that! They literally closed and removed ice cream toppings while we were standing in line at 9:35 pm And then there’s the lines for everything! I will never do another Mega Ship. Too many people too many lines. Not enough space! You have to reserve every entertainment. Most were sold out and you have to wait in a standby line. It was ridiculous! I reserved ahead of time when I could but some you cannot and then you have to go to onboard box office which has limited operating hours. The “free” entertainment dance group, Burn the Floor, was top notch! But that’s all I could get into. There was another Cirque type show but that was also extra fee and I refuse to pay more on principal. I hope it was good. They had fun game shows, but very limited seating in common area that was so crowded it just made the experience annoying. There was not enough outside seating to relax. Only one deck, I think 8, outside of the restaurants, had lovely couches etc, but there simply were not enough! Had to get there early morning to claim a spot. The only other outside areas were the pool and sundecks which were absolute zoos and the sun loungers were too uncomfortable for that chaos! Never had an opportunity to utilize water slides - packed full of kids all the time. There was of course a separate pool and lounge area for an extra price for the wealthy. Oh how I miss the days when cruising was a luxurious experience. But you can still find that on other lines. The dance parties on the back deck were a lot of fun. DJs did a great job with variety of music styles and countries. It was usually over 18 which was great, but for some reason on last night they let the tweens into the area which ruined it for the night because the tweens just stood in the middle of the dance floor so the rest of us no longer had room to dance. That was a bummer on the last night. The excursions were really good! Best part of this cruise was time off the ship. Excursions were way overpriced but that’s to be expected. I did scuba in Honduras, snorkeling in Belize, ATV and Secret River in Mexico. All were excellent experiences! Overall, my friends made the cruise fun, not Norwegian. I’ll stick with Holland going forward.

Disappointing

Judyeve33’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BB 10818
Extremely uncomfortable bed. The two twin beds were each sagging in middle and you could feel hard platform below. Balcony was way too small with uncomfortable chairs. Balconies could be bigger as we overlooked the cover of deck 8 restaurants. Carpet in room needs to be cleaned or better yet replaced. Best part of our cabin was the steward, Dennis, he did an excellent job cleaning and turn down service as soon as we left the room and made the best towel animals! Made me smile each day!
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• ATV Adventure
    Beautiful buses take you to ATV location. ATVs were fun! Part in jungle and part along ocean. Nice views. Afterwards they drop you at a beach that’s just beautiful with nice sun loungers, both covered or not available, OPEN bar, and reasonably priced food. Water was warm and gorgeous! Favorite stop for me. Shops in that area were fun and not too expensive. Then a taxi ride to ship included. Great time!
    View All 46 ATV Adventure Reviews
  • Amazing River & Cavern Explore
    It was a little rough getting to this place but OH SO WORTH IT!! The ferry from Cozumel was rough! Take your Dramamine! The ferry workers routinely had out plastic bags so I fear the rough seas are a common occurrence for some reason.

About 90 people signed up for this excursion, so there was a lot of waiting at the dock after the ferry ride as they organized everyone into smaller groups. BUT, was that was done, I never felt like we were in a big group again! You get in a nice little van with your group of 10-12 people for transport to the caverns. From there they did a great job of keeping it small. You see other folks when you’re picking out your wetsuit (shorty type) and life jacket, but that’s about it. Water is 74 in caverns. I really didn’t need a wetsuit as it’s hot walking to the caverns and you quickly get used to water temp. I had to zip mine half off and the. Was quite comfy in the cavern. The caverns were spectacular! Such a unique experience. Our guide, Martina, was awesome! There are parts where you can just float on your back through the caverns and simply be awed!!! Best excursion on the trip!! There are several routes through the caverns, so we only saw other groups a couple of times. It was quiet peaceful and beautiful in there. Martina did not rush us at all and we took our time exploring the caverns!

A quick lunch is included at end of tour. It was delicious. Just a little rushed because your back with whole group of 90 people and then back to shops at the ferry landing for about 30 min before ferry back to ship. Seas were a little smoother on trip back to Cozumel but I still saw the plastic bags being handed out.
    View All 126 Amazing River & Cavern Explore Reviews
  • Harvest Caye
    This is island owned by Norwegian so not really authentic Belize. But it was pretty. Overpriced food and shops. Beach area was ok.

Snorkeling company was awesome!!!
    View All 986 Harvest Caye Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Harvest Caye Cruise Port Review
  • Miami
    Our arrival time was 9:30 but they don’t let you on ship til 11:30-ish, and then not in your room til 2:00. We’d been up all night so we were tired and hungry. Snacks in the waiting area before get on ship would have been nice.
    View All 2,291 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • Roatan
    Really fun! Excellent instructors and beautiful dive! Transport to and from was a little rickety, but it got us there.
    View All 2,763 Roatan Cruise Port Reviews