3. Celebrity Equinox
We were a large group of 10 family members - all adults with one 17 yr old. I have cruised over 20 times, mostly on Royal, several times with Princess and once with Carnival. We tried Celebrity because I had often heard it was "a notch above" Royal Caribbean. This was not our experience. Embarkation was awful - we had Elite status but the Celebrity member controlling our line was never paying attention. After waiting 45 minutes in a line to check in - we finally just went over to the regular check in line and were taken so fast. We also knew that the ship was going in for refurbishment (after we booked of course) so I was not expecting the look to be great. It was fine, carpet styles were dated and deck chairs etc showing wear but the ship was very clean so it passed in my book. The biggest reason for 3 star rating was honestly the food. I can be pretty objective since I have cruised many times. We ate in the main dining room every night. 80% of my meals were honestly just awful and the 20% that weren't - the portion size was so small as to be laughable. My ravioli dinner was 3 raviolis. I ordered the shrimp louie appetizer and it was seriously about a tablespoon worth. My shrimp scampi was shrimp skimpy - only 3 shrimp on the side. Seriously?! Even our head waiter acknowledged that it was bad and started bringing our sons extra dinners. We are not snackers or breakfast eaters so we were basically eating 2 meals per day. It is the first cruise I have ever been on where I felt hungry. The overall quality was just poor. Some meats were so tough that our drinks would spill when someone at the table was using a knife to saw through the cut. I understand cost cutting on portions but they are seriously in need of a new chef too! Two bright spots to recommend - the burgers at the Mast Grill and Sushi on Five (my crew did it for lunch). We did not try the other restaurants because it was a Holiday cruise and they were charging $70 to $120 per person cover charges. When you have 10 people that gets to be ridiculously expensive. The Buffet was not great. Again, hit or miss but more than anything it was just chaotic at lunch time trying to find an open table and get your group together. I wish all cruise lines would figure out a way to make this better. We did not do the dining room for lunch based on our dinner experience. The drink package was another disappointment. We upgraded to the premium because I did not want to hassle with whether a particular drink might be included or not. We found the drinks were very weak. You have to specifically say the brand of liquor you want or they will serve you house brands even with the upgrade. We finally started asking for double shots in mixed drinks otherwise you are just drinking a lot of juice and mixers. I ordered Baileys on the rocks and got one shot glass full over a huge glass of ice. In the dining room they ran out of the better champagnes and sparkling wines so what we were served was often just awful. Recommend you get your drinks in the World Class Bar. They use top shelf liquors there all the time. Entertainment in the Theatre was hit or miss. The first night comedian was probably the worst I have ever heard in my life. The comedian magician was enjoyable and the last comedian was very funny. The singer "Jane Curry" was very good as well. They had the Celebrity singers and dancers on deck entertaining for New Year's Eve. They were pretty bad at singing rock cover tunes. The house band Bristol was good but they played early in the center of Deck 3. After that, there was no where to really go in a lounge and just listen to some good music. Recommend the Silent Disco when it is in the Sky Lounge. Go early, they run out of headsets and there is a long line to wait once they run out. Disembarkation was another fiasco. We booked a Celebrity excursion and were told to collect our luggage on Carousel 2. It never came out. We spent 50 minutes wandering around looking for our bags not knowing whether our excursion left without us. I kept trying to grab a Celebrity person to help but they did not know what to do. Finally someone told us that our tag number had not been given to the baggage team. We sailed in balcony cabins. They were clean and ample room. Two outlets in the whole cabin was a joke with the amount of devices that need to be charged these days. Hope they fix that with the refurbishment. The WiFi kicks you off a lot and you have to constantly log-in again to connect. Also very very slow. I think everyone judges their cruises by what is important to them. We were still on vacation so we did enjoy our family time and some great weather. I hate to be this critical but when you spend that amount of money we did to take 10 people on a cruise, I did expect better. You definitely need to get the food and drink right on a Ship. The ship's crew and service were excellent. No complaints on that front. We just will not be cruising Celebrity again. Final note - don't do the Everglades excursion at the end. If you have a late flight on the last day, you can check your luggage through from the ship for $25/bag and just take a taxi to the beach for the day. We took the Everglades excursion with Celebrity. It was a very short boat ride (we saw one alligator) and then 30 minutes of "petting zoo quality" land exhibits. We were dropped at the airport by 1:00 pm for a 7:00 pm flight. Defeated the whole purpose of doing a day excursion to use up time.

First time with Celebrity - was just Okay

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by sunny101

sunny101’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1A 8295
This cabin has ample room to move around with a couch, chair and vanity area closest to the balcony. Only two outlets makes it tough to keep things charged. Outlets also don't provide enough juice to power a curling iron. I have never had that experience on any other cruise ship. Not much drawer storage but big compartments over the bed and lots of room in the bathroom. Large shower compared to other cruises we have been on.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins