3. Costa Deliziosa
I am not a seasoned cruiser, rather this was my second cruise to almost the same ports. We chose this cruise because the dates lined up with our vacation timeline. My first cruise experience was with Carnival. This is where my husband and I set expectations for this cruise were based on that experience from a year ago. We were continuously disappointed to learn everything we thought would be standard were up charges. We expected to have free room services, as is standard on Carnival. We did not. It was not explained to us when booking this cruise either. Food We expected there to be some sort of free food options available at all times. There was not. In fact, we boarded the cruise ship late (9:00 p.m.) and was stunned to learn that there were no free food options for us ... and that we would either have to pay additional fees or go hungry until breakfast. It was myself, my husband and two teenage sons. Drinks On the Carnival cruise we did not pay for a drink package but were fine with drinking water, milk and tea at any given time. On this cruise, we paid for a drink package (we were told it was an all-inclusive drink package, but soon learned it was only during meals.) We paid an additional 480$ and was told we would need to pay an additional 600$ for the all-inclusive dink package. The drink package we had was only during lunch and dinner (lunch we were on excursions all but two days.) And dinner in the restaurant meant beer was not included either. Times One afternoon we returned late from an excursion and rushed to the deck to get lunch/snack/ something. They had cleared all but one bar and there was a rope blacking it and we were not allowed to grab anything before they cleared it … we were told we could go to the opposite end of the ship to grab a salad. The lovely food was right there … and instead we ate salad. Again, this would have been ok, except we had eaten a salad the last two days for lunch as it was the only thing open once we returned from our day trips. Dinner was four hours later. Staffing This would not have been a big deal, except the tea, milk and water machines that were supposed to be up and running 24 hours a day we're not. Instead, we consistently had to hunt down someone to fill the machine. A majority of the time we were told it was not their job. In fact, that was the standard statement from most of the crew when asking for help. My husband went to find the big screen gaming for my teenager and each person he talked to gave him the same statement, “that is not my job.” Customer Service Our TV in our room did not work half the time … which is frustrating, because this is where you were expected to check your ship balance and find activities. The TV in our sons’ room did not work either. Their toilet overflowed. I thought maybe it was them until my toilet overflowed. Then I had a lady from the ship chew me out for putting facial tissue in the toilet. When I told her I had not done such a thing she called me a liar and said he had found facial tissue. I could not believe she was calling me a liar. I know what I packed. Activities There were not enough deck chairs and activities for visitors while out to see … people circled like hawks looking for a place to sit down. The pool was tiny and did not allow enough room for kids and adults to hang out. The variety and timing of activities were also limited. Communications While on Carnival, we were able to communicate with each other through their free app. Additionally we were able to see daily schedules, and excursion times using the app. We were also able to see what time we needed to return to the ship via the app. These were all HUGE misses during this trip.

Will not meet expectations if you have cruised anywhere else

Costa Deliziosa Cruise Review by andbolton

Ages 16+
Get Costa Deliziosa price drops

Balcony Classic
Cabin BC 4355/4353
The drawers were broken, but those were fixed pretty quickly.
Giglio Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Amber Cove
    During this port, we did not take excursion with the ship. Instead we walked outside the Amber Cove gate and took a taxi to the 27 water falls. The cab ride last year cost of 50$ for the day. This year it was 90$ but we had two additional people. The waterfalls tour through the cruise cost 130$ per person. It cost us 27$ per person with a meal included. I would highly recommend the waterfalls, but on your own.
    View All 691 Amber Cove Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Amber Cove Cruise Port Review
  • Freeport
    We were signed up to do a dive excursion, but the waters were rough. We were not told it was canceled until after we had gotten off the ship. There were no other options given to us. So, we ended up taking a taxi ... with a whole bunch of other people, cause they would not take just our family of four. We had asked to go to one place and the driver dropped us off somewhere else. We had to pay for the round trip upfront even though we did not go where we wanted. We decided to just go to the beach where the driver dropped us off and ended up having to pay to get on the beach. Then we were sand blasted and continuously hit up by people on the beach selling something. We then had to pay twice as much money to be taken to the gardens that we had originally asked for. We paid the fee to get into the garden ... which was WAY over priced for the experience.
    View All 1,328 Freeport Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Freeport Cruise Port Review
  • Scuba - Certified
    This experience was great! The individual showed up shortly after we filled out our paperwork. He was thorough and ensured we all had the proper paperwork. We walked directly over to the boat and then the short trip to get supplies. They had everything so organized. It really was a great experience. This was our second time to Grand Turk and their board of tourism is fantastic.
    View All 25 Scuba - Certified Reviews
  • City Tour
    This was ok. It was not what I thought it was ... teach me to book and not fully read the details. I really thought it was a helicopter tour ... it was not. It was nice and you get to learn a lot about the city, but it was not worth the price.
    View All 136 City Tour Reviews