MSC Splendida Cruise Review

MSC Splendida Cruise Review by KSWind

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: the Middle East
  • Cabin Type: Yacht Club Deluxe Suite

I choose MSC because of price, itinerary, and service. We always choose the Yacht Club experience and are never disappointed. Though we rarely go to the buffet I noticed the bar service there has greatly improved. As always the ship was immaculate. We had no problems in any manner on board.

The dining experience has changed a bit in the YC but not in a positive or negative way. In comparison, the menus' format has changed and the food selection, if memory serves right, is reduced. Not by much, however. In any case, the quality of food in the YC is as good or better than ever.

The embarkation and disembarkation were quick, easy and effortless. I can't say enough how MSC coddles their YC guests.

We had an excellent Butler, Nata. He was the kind of Butler I like. Rarely seen but when needed he was right there and helpful.

We did travel with my 14-year-old son but he chose not to utilize any youth programs.

KSWind's Full Rating Summary

Yacht Club Deluxe Suite
Cabin YC1 16005

This is a roomy handicap accessible cabin. We were put there by chance. Very comfortable but the partially covered (front facing) balcony was not for us. We will definitely try for a port or starboard YC cabin in the future. The only other downside to the roomy cabin and bathroom was the shower head did not adjust very high. The support bar needs to be longer in case (as with us) someone stands to use the shower.

KSWind