3. Disney Wonder
This is a quick summary of our great Disney cruise. Getting to the ship in Galveston was easier than I remember from previous cruises. Could be that the smaller Disney Wonder was the only ship there. I dropped my group off at the dock and zipped over to EZ Cruise parking, caught their shuttle and was able to caught up with my bunch as they were going through security. Had one problem in that the porter did not pick up my roll-on bag and no one caught it till he left. Probably could have given it to another porter, but didn’t. My wife was very generous to “allow” me drag the bag to the ship. There was an opportunity to take your own pictures with painted Disney characters in the typical cruise background and we did take numerous shots. Overall it was a fantastic cruise with and for young kids. Lots of activities and playrooms for kids so parents can do their own thing for short periods of time. Kids need to be at least 2 yr old to be left in an activity room. Younger than that, a person has to pay a $9/hr babysitting charge or limit somewhat what you do. Not sure why someone would want to go on a Disney Cruise with a under 2 yr old child since it is so geared toward kids and an under 2 year old just does not experience the fun of a Disney cruise. Not sure what the upper age limit for kids would be but think it would not be very exciting for a 16-17 year old teenager, although there were teenage activities and area on board, and shore excursions to enjoy. It is just that I did not see any teenagers taking pictures with Mickey or Donald or Goofy or any of the Princesses, but did see a lot of parents doing so, along with Grandma and I. There are adult areas on the ship to escape to while the kids are involved in activities, but I can not attest to the adult area other than I walked through or peaked in them, since as Grandpa, I had to do a lot of help shuffling kids to pictures and dancing with all the Disney characters, Princesses, hair makeup, splashing in the kid pool etc. I can say for a 3 to 10yr old, it was overwhelmingly exciting and our 15 month Grandson was constantly hyper, and surprised seeing a giant duck, mouse and dog. Without kids, I would opt for a cheaper adult cruise cause a person is paying for all those kid activities that Disney makes available, and there are a lot of them. I was overwhelmed at all the kid cool play and activity areas. Wish I was still a kid. Off ship tours in Cancun and Grand Cayman are the same as I had on several other cruise ships so there was nothing special that I was aware of. For this cruise we had to pull Grandparent duties and pick tours our Grandkids would enjoy while the parents did more adventurous tours. Dining room dining on the ship was fun and interesting. Disney has it set up that you rotate between the three different themed dining rooms. The rotation was enjoyable and made for interesting dining and you got to experience the different dining rooms. The food and service as you would expect, was great. You have to be sneaky to get the Mickey ice cream bar since only kids get it. I made sure I sat next to my 15month old Grandson who I insisted wanted one each night. Only made the formal dining room for breakfast one time since the kids had activities. It was nice and relaxing. The buffet line for breakfast and lunch had an excellent variety of items and my favorite, butter pecan ice cream, which I tried to eat the ships supply. This was the first cruise I have been on that Soda water (Cokes+ others) was free and I tried to drink my money’s worth! During the 6 day cruise, there were two outstanding night performances and the Mary Poppins 2 movie. The kids just went crazy during FROZEN and Disney Dreams and really enjoyed Mary Poppins 2. These are shows you do not want to miss. The only complaint I voiced to the ship crew was that one individual consistently would wait till 5 minutes before they opened the doors to the Disney theater and cut in ahead of everyone. There were always good seats available but I just did not accept that as good behavior after many of us waited in line for 30 minutes. I can offer these tips. If you take a enjoyable Disney cruise, be sure to download the Disney app before you get to the ship. I do not think you can download it once on the ship. It enables you to Text to other member of your party on the ship although you can use the ship wireless phones to call each other. We used both methods to stay in touch. Bring several empty water bottles so you can refill them on the ship. Bottled water on the ship is expensive and you want water when you go ashore. We brought 2 empty bottles each. Need suntan lotion for laying around the pool and on shore. Band-Aids, I can’t go anywhere without needing them. Disney has one theme night where everyone dresses like a Pirate or something. It was listed among the travel info, but we did not see it. Bring one of those big tote bags to carry cloths, shoes, towels if you plan to tour off ship. All in all, the Disney cruise was outstanding. The service was unbelievably great, food excellent and all kid activities had excellent supervision with lots of demonstrations to amaze them. It is something a kid would remember for a long time. I was told Grandpa would get to relax by the pool most of the time with small kid duties, and, like a fool I believed them. I was exhausted at the end. Would I do it again? Our group is already planning for a Disney Christmas cruise in 2 year.

Exciting Christmas Cruise

Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9

Standard Inside Stateroom
Cabin 11C 6081
We never plan to spend time in the cabin so it fit that bill.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins