• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Tiger50
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2018
Cabin: Balcony

We chose this cruise because of the itinerary, and Princess is our go to cruise line. Our cabin was standard Princess, small and efficient with a tiny bathroom and shower. The crew was great and helpful. They seemed like a happy crew. We think the entertainment was very good compared to our past cruises on Princess. There were some very talented singers and dancers. The food was uneven; sometimes very good, other times small portions and way too much salt. A note to the Chef, taste it before you send it out. Embarkation and departure was smooth and efficient. The Princess sponsored port activities were fine but overpriced. We did private excursions in Costa Rica and Cartagena and were happier with those.

Now for my big complaint. Effy the ship jewelry store. It is almost impossible to walk by the store without being accosted by pushy salesmen. It is as bad as time share sales in some ports. It is like they invited the Diamond International people on board and gave them free reign. This is really offensive to me and I’m sure many other guests. If I want to buy some jewelry, I’ll come into the store and check it out, otherwise get out of my face. I am hoping this is just an anomaly but if it is like this on other Princess cruises I may have to re-evaluate my go to cruise line. If anybody from Princess reads this, have them back off. Most people don’t appreciate high pressure sales tactics on a captive audience. There, I’ve said my piece.

Aside from Effy we had a really good time on this cruise and would recommend it.

Balcony

Cabin BF

Small but efficient. The bathroom, especially the shower is problematic. It is very hard to take a shower and not flood the bathroom. Surely, there has to be a better way.

Port Reviews

Cabo San Lucas

Way too many pushy sales folk. Take an excursion and get out of town.

San Juan del Sur

Surprised it was this nice. Too much bus ride and not enough time at the sites. Otherwise we enjoyed it. We saw no hint of unrest while we were there.

Fuerte Amador (Balboa)

Small ship partial crossing. Very good

1 Helpful Vote