3. Norwegian Dawn
We booked B2B over Christmas and New Year's on Dawn out of San Juan because of the itinerary and we had never sailed from San Juan. Most things I found in my pre-cruise research indicated that the recent refresh of Dawn made it more modern and user friendly. Let me just say that the public spaces and restaurants are very nice and updated. The rooms on the other hand are still showing their age. There had been some sort of leak above or cabin previously and while I noticed no leaks during our stay the ceiling had never been properly repaired. Since there were public restrooms above our cabin I can only hope it was just water. The boarding process was fast and efficient. Since the ship did not sail until 9pm it seemed that there was not the usual rush for everyone to immediately board. We arrived at the terminal at 1245pm and were onboard in 20 minutes. The staff aboard this ship was absolutely top notch. They went out of their way to learn your name and engage with you to help in anyway they could. Our room steward, Gilbert, made sure we were always taken care of and had everything we needed. The Staff at the Bamini Bar and Gatsby's were the best, especially Nathaniel. I think we have just gotten spoiled by the multitude of entertainment and activities on the big ships. Even with the Holiday activities and the 5 ports on each week we still felt a bit bored at times. There are also some strange quirks about this ship. There are several areas that you can't get to from the deck that they are on. After you figure this out it's not an issue but until you learn it can be difficult. Lack of an adult's only area and limited entertainment options were really the things that brought this review down to 3 stars.

B2B Boredom

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 11106
Cabin seems smaller than advertised. Its supposed to hold 4 but there is no way you could fit anything other than 2 8 year olds on the fold out couch. Our 16 yo had to sleep diagonally and still hung over both sides.

Liked the curtain between the two sections of the cabin and the black out curtain at the balcony door.

The balcony was very spacious and we spent a lot of time there.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Cave Tour
    The cave tour was interesting but we were handed off between drivers twice without thorough directions. Wouldn't book with this company again.
    View All 20 Cave Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    We booked the Castries to the Pitons tour and had one of the best tours we've had in our cruising experience. Not only was the scenery spectacular but the service was perfect.
    View All 255 Island Tour Reviews