3. Star Princess
I chose this ship because of the itinerary. I wanted to see South America especially the end of the world. First the good things...Great Food, friendly staff , comfortable cabin. But...many of the stops were at container ports with strict security so just walking off the ship was often not possible. Many ports were tender with long tender rides, long wait lines to get a tender, things just generally seemed disorganized with no concern for passenger time wasted. I had any time dining which worked well for me. While there was a swimming pool and hot tub that were supposed to be adult only the rule was not enforced, nor was the no jumping or diving rule enforced. Never a problem getting a deck chair there were always plenty. The dining area is not open for lunch on port days which required one to use the buffet which is never my choice. I booked my air with Princess which was American Airlines. My return flight required 3 flights not in the logical direction but I did get home eventually..Next time apparently for a fee one can book this way but have a choice of itinerary. I did see most of the things on my list however it would have been preferable if Sunday and holidays ( Christmas & New Years) would have been sea days , being in port when most venues are closed is poor planning. There is supposed to be a library and a sign says there is one but it is basically a room with shelves, one must rely on other guests to donate a book as they finish reading. I was not impressed with the lectures.

Not what I had hoped for

Star Princess Cruise Review by ambow

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

First the good things...Great Food, friendly staff , comfortable cabin.

I had any time dining which worked well for me.

Never a problem getting a deck chair there were always plenty.

I was not impressed with the lectures.
ambow’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OW E224
Clean, pleasant , with a too soft mattress , linens of good quality.
Room steward excellent. Quiet and comfortable , not too far from the elevator.My cabin was forward , one closer to midship would have made navigating to venues easier.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins