3. Britannia
We chose this cruise - our 19th overall and 8th with P&O to celebrate Christmas and my birthday. What a disappointment compared to previous cruises. The food was awful - no better than cheap pub food and the same repetitive menus every day. In particular the buffet was extremely poor quality with pushing and shoving from the other very rude passengers a common occurrence. The standard of behaviour of the majority of passengers was appalling. If I had wanted to celebrate Christmas with rowdy, rude and drunk people I would have booked to go to Benidorm. From rearranging all of the sunbeds and reserving in droves, smoking in areas not designated and hogging sofas, loungers and chairs in an attempt to create their own private deck space the etiquette of what were mostly first time cruisers was disgusting. When we raised this with the officer in charge, he attempted to make an announcement which was completed ignored and not subsequently enforced. In fact P&O seemed fearful of these people and were overheard several times to be bragging about how jumping into the pool in full evening dress (which happened one evening) was something that made a good party! Entertainment was poor with an example of the films shown in the cinema being It's a Wonderful Life and ET. I book P&O over Royal Caribbean as I believe the dress code and etiquette to be a level above. Britannia has unfortunately lowered its standards (since we went on last Summer) and as such has joined Ventura in ships to avoid for drunken rude and lairy behaviour. P&O you need to remember who your baseline customers are and act accordingly before you lose your business.

Declining Standards