3. Anthem of the Seas
We chose this cruise to celebrate Christmas with our family of five in a special way. This was the first time not being in our home for Christmas. The high light of this cruise was by far the entertainment. Our favorite show was Spectra's Cabaret, followed by the gift and their special combined Christmas show. Unfortunately, the headlining show, We Will Rock You missed the mark by a long shot. I am normally not picky and enjoy all shows, plays, concerts etc. for what they are but We Will Rock You was too long and did not hold our attention. We also noticed many people walk out of this show and we almost did as well. This has never been our experience in the past. Overall, this ship was too crowded. The staff seemed tired and overwhelmed and no one was giving the guests any of the little extra special treatment you come to expect while on a cruise. I felt sorry for the staff especially in the Windjammer Cafe. It was so overcrowded you often could not find a table to sit at. My entire family took our breakfast back to our cabins to enjoy on our balcony on multiple occasions as we could not find anywhere to sit! One time while going back for some fresh silverware I returned to my table to have another couple sitting there and my food all moved to the corner. I could not believe it! This summed up our experience on this ship the entire week as we encountered constant lines and rude people and a very East coast mentality prevailed throughout the ship. No wonder the staff appeared beat down and exhausted. This is not how I want to spend my VACATION and we will never cruise out of NYC again. The biggest disappointment was when our Christmas day was ruined because our port of call, Coco Cay, was cancelled as a result of rough seas as we had to take small boats to the private island. I think this was very poor planning on the part of RCCL to plan Christmas Day on an Island with a high likelihood of aborting due to weather. The captain did plow full steam ahead to Nassau, but it was too late to really enjoy the day on an excursion by then and the weather was cold, windy and raining. We made the best of it, but our snorkeling adventure and relaxing day planned for Christmas was a memory never to be made. The food was lackluster on this cruise and the menu repeated most of the items in the MDR daily. More adventurous menu planning needs to occur. We started out eating in the MDR Silk with lackluster waiters who rushed us through and never tried to get to know us or provide any exceptional service. Because of this we continued to change waiters every night until we found someone we loved. BTW, the SILK dining room is too dark and dreary in its decorum of dark red crushed velvet and gold. We felt much more at home in the American Icon MDR with its bright and cheery well lit environment. The guests on this ship were so rude and unruly and tons of extra kids due to the Christmas holiday. So many ill-mannered people all laying/sleeping on couches, chairs etc. in common areas with their bare feet, making huge messes that they never even tried to contain. Kids spewing cheerios all over the ship, parents allowing their unruly children to take over stages and jump up and down on furniture when people were performing and the poor staff could not keep up with the masses of mess everywhere. While waiting in a line to visit Santa Claus, one waiter trying to hand out eggnog on a huge tray was knocked into and all of the wine glasses full of egg nog went flying with broken glass everywhere and egg nog all over him and several guests. We booked adjoining balcony cabins with our kids so we had extra space and a larger balcony that way. Our cabin steward was awesome, but the cleaning was somewhat lackluster and our shower drain was clogged! That really grossed me out the first time I showered and this white foamy/black scum surrounded me to the ankles. I and my husband both tried to clean out the drain ourselves to no avail and maintenance finally fixed it the next day. The iFly was amazing, but again the staff seemed only cordial, tired and beat down by the constant crowds of demanding guests with attitudes. The same experience occurred at the North Star where we showed up for our rescheduled time, due to weather cancellation, to discover that we and several other guests were really not rescheduled. An ensuing altercation began with several loud, boisterous and very rude New Yorkers against the staff running the North Star. I couldn't believe the treatment this staff had to endure. I don't know how RCCL keeps staff working on this ship on this route. They need hazard pay! Even staff off the ship the day of disembarkation were rude and yelling at customers to "Move Along...." I don't expect to pay to be treated like that. Never again!

Christmas Cruise 2018

Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 7D 10576
Not the cleanest. Under the beds were filthy! My son crawled under the bed in his suite before dinner on formal night and came out looking like a disgusting fur/lint ball. I guess they never clean or vacuum under the beds. Our vanity chair was full of crumbs and the table tops in the cabins were sticky upon check-in.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Atlantis Resort
    Too expensive.....Long lines (even though they tell you it's capacity controlled) so as to avoid having any lines for their guests we did not find this to be true at all. Long lines to stand in just to get our pre-paid passes, long lines to get on boats to get to the island and long lines for each water slide. An overcrowded resort in my opinion and at $199.00/head you can't get your moneys worth if you wanted to. We had four different cruise ships in port the day we were there all vying to use the same resources.
    View All 673 Atlantis Resort Reviews
  • Airboat Tour
    Great Airboat tour. Saw lots of adult and baby gators and the airboat captain was amazing.
    View All 71 Airboat Tour Reviews