3. Adventure of the Seas
We chose this cruise to celebrate New Years with friends. Having cruised since 1995 this is our first RCL cruise. Never have I heard one negative thing about RCL from friends who only sail RCL. I was well aware this 6 day cruise was on an older ship, but never did I expect the ship to show her age the way this one did. Because of the jacked up price for the New Years cruise, we took an inside cabin, something we haven't done in years. Carpets were worn, in the main areas, and stateroom. The couch was badly stained, the bathroom showed signs of rust and I have never had a bathroom as small as this one. The shower? Small is too large a word to describe it. The bed was about 2 inches from the couch on one side and table on the other. Getting out of bed in the dark was interesting to say the least. We went to put our wine in the refrigerator and found pooled water with mold growing in it. So much for the room. I do want to say boarding was a pleasure. Disembarkation was a nightmare cattle call, with everyone being ushered off the ship at one time, despite a so called schedule. Food ... room service was nicely done. The Windjammer buffet was mediocre, with the same selection daily of so so food. If you like your coffee strong , and I mean strong, this is for you. Breakfast in the dining room was slow unless you chose the buffet they offered there as well. I ordered my eggs over easy and they came out with runny whites. The staff are all eager to please at every turn. Dinner in the dining room some nights seemed rushed. We were told by our travel agent because we were a party of 7, to see the reservation staff upon boarding and request our dinner time, so we wouldn't have to wait for an available table with any time dining. We were given a time prior to 6 pm, which was too early. Otherwise we had to wait until 8:30. We felt as the dinner wound down and desert came, we were being rushed out . Put down your fork and the dish disappeared. Of course, as expected on a holiday sailing, at sea days it was impossible to find a lounge at the pool. The entertainment was so so. The Latin band was excellent, as was the band in the theater. We loved the ice skating show!! The Lyric Theater shows were not so good. Some of the staff we spoke to agreed the ship needed to be updated. Some even apologetic. All in all, when I pay top dollar I expect something. I expected something special because it is RCL. Having been to most ports before many times over, I have to say we loved the trip to Mayan ruins we took in Costa Maya. I would have enjoyed the opportunity to walk outside the port area, but we were not in port all day. We had a fun private tour guide in Cozumel and we loved how he just let us do our thing. We went to a beach north of town, which was lovely and we hit the Ticquila factory of course! We wandered the town and took some fun, surprising turns to end our day of fun. All in all, the success of the trip was all due to great off ship trips, great friends and abiliity to laugh at it all. I would not go back on this ship but I may want to try a newer RCL.

In Need of a Face Lift

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by DelrayCruisers2

The staff are all eager to please at every turn.

We loved the ice skating show!! The Lyric Theater shows were not so good.

I would not go back on this ship but I may want to try a newer RCL.
DelrayCruisers2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 6V 6471
Please read above. If you have issues with reaaallly tiny spaces this is not the room for you,
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Mayan Ruins
    Excellent!!! Our guide was born and raised behind the site and was part of the excavation team. His first hand knowledge made for a tour like no other Mayan ruin tour we have taken before.
    View All 135 Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Mayan Ruins
    It was the best. Our guide grew up on the site and was part of the excavation team. We could not have had a more knowledgeable guide. Awesome!
    View All 367 Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Beach
    Be careful, we were told the beach included chairs, and umbrella with our cab charge. It did not. Other folks from our ship also had the same experience.
    So beware and ask the right questions.