3. Regal Princess
We booked this cruise the year before to celebrate my birthday. The ship placed balloons and a card outside the cabin. I was sang happy birthday at afternoon tea and at dinner which was very kind. I also received a cake at dinner. We were on the ship for Christmas day and had asked the waiters what the arrangements were for Christmas lunch but were greeted with a vague answer, so i thought there would be a gala dinner in the evening. There was not. There was a turkey option on the menu otherwise it was much the same as every other dinner. No Christmas, crackers, bad jokes or silly hats! We had previously been on PO Ventura for Xmas where Christmas dinner had all the trimmings. We also asked what happened to Baked Alaska night but were told this only happens at first sitting. The ship did provide carol singing and a visit for the children from Father Christmas along with some Christmas shows. The Medallion system was very useful in keeping track of the teenage daughter. You could simply go to the screen near the lift, place your medallion on it and it allows you to find the others your cabin, much to the annoyance of my daughter!! My daughter went to the teen club the second week and made several friends. Although they joined in some activities they preferred to do their own thing around the ship. Some fellow cruisers seem to have difficulty in understanding the formal dress code. The tender to Grand Cayman was a nightmare. It took ages to get off the ship. On the return we were waiting in a long queue in the open in high temperatures. When we finally got on a tender a storm blew through. The tender had difficulty coming along side to get the passengers off. My husband got off but they stopped me and my daughter disembarking as it was too dangerous. The tender pulled away before trying again. It was scary. We were well looked after by the cabin steward and the waiters in the restaurant. The production shows were very good some of which were repeated during the second week but we enjoyed Bravo so much we saw it again, We took one shore excursion. In the past if the excursion went over lunch time lunch was provided. It was not on this excursion. We had a lovely tour guide in Jamaica

Useful Medallion system to keep track of teenage daughter

Regal Princess Cruise Review by MrsLGT

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Balcony (obstructed view)

MrsLGT’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Regal Princess price drops

Deluxe Balcony (obstructed view)
Cabin DW E406
We were told the cabin had an obstructed view but this was very minimal. If you look to the right there was a lifeboat below. The third bed was a sofa bed which sufficed. Hanging space was better than some other ships we have been on.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins