3. Norwegian Spirit
I chose this particular cruise because of the itinerary and the time of year. We've never cruised Norwegian but have cruised on other lines. Here are some of the things that were much different from other cruise lines: * There was no attempt by the dining stewards in all main dining areas to offer a couple seating at a larger table in order to meet others. * Specifically in main dining and specialty dining, we were delivered the same, room temperature or cold bread. No variety. * Finding the main dining rooms were difficult because the schematic drawing given indicates each main dining location. However, when you take the elevator to the floor indicated, you have been delivered to the floor above and have to walk down a flight to get there.Very strange, yet elevators stopped at the floors. It took a few tries to get used to this... * Our balcony cabin and two pluses: A king-sized, very comfortable bed and the bathroom was arranged so that there was an opaque glass door separating the toilet from the sink and shower area. The shower was large and the separation allowed two people in the room at once. * The minus side of the balcony room focused on the lack of flat surfaces to put things on. They sacrificed space for a king bed. There was only one bedside table, the couch was next to the bed and was extremely narrow and barely wide enough for two average-sized people to sit on it . There was no space for a table in front of it as the very narrow desk and chair were no more than 3 feet away and was the ONLY flat surface in the room on which was a coffee pot and two cups which took a third of this space.. Where do you put your camera, jacket and other parafanalia other than on the bed, and where does it go when you get in it?? * The light fixture in the ceiling adjacent to the closet needs to be brighter. There was a large floor area, the largest flat surface in the room may I add where you could put things. However my old eyes couldn't see too well in the depth so I needed a flashlight to insure I retrieved what I wanted from it. The same problem with the cubbies in the closet. Just too dark to see what you're grabbing. * The room stewards, and laundry personnel, waiters, and cleaners were all top notch! Hats off to a wonderful staff. All were major pluses in my book. * The chefs in the main dining rooms and specialty dining knew how to prepare meat. It was delicious and cooked to order. The chicken and fish were inconsistent but the pasta dishes were consistently good. * Getting on board required people or all ages and disabilities to stand in line for at least an hour. Not a good impression. Other cruise lines puts people in groups with numbers and allow them to sit and wait to be called. * As I said above, we took the cruise because of the ports and we were not disappointed. I did not take any of the ship's tours, hired a guide in two ports and took taxis and hop/on hop/off in others so I can't speak to the quality of the tours. I would not take Norwegian again unless the intinerary is the driver.

Too many minuses that overshadowed the pluses

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by marshalett