We choose this cruise because of the Christmas markets and the cities we would visit. We did the pre-package in Prague. The cruise itinerary was changed due to the low river and we lost cruising on half the river, but only one port, Nuremberg. The ship was also changed, but it was sister ship, so it was not a big issue. They did not change the app when you logged in to show the change in itinerary. This was our first river cruise after doing about 5 of the big ocean cruises.
What we loved:
- The staff on the ship was excellent. Very helpful, very knowledgeable and happy to be there!
- Salzburg was an amazing day trip. I would love to more time there.
-The guides on the tours were great! Very knowledgeable.
- The food was great (but see note below for more information)
-The buffets for dinner and lunch that were offered (see not below)
- You get to know many of the people cruising with you because of the small boat.
What we didn't love
- Since it is a small boat you eat dinner all together for the most part. Some of the nights they offered a buffet upstairs from the main dining room. We loved that option when it was offered.
-When everyone dined at the same time it was very loud in the dining room.
-There is not room service for dinner, only breakfast.
- Many times there was only one tour offered so you will split into groups, but then basically walk over each other during the tour.
What we would do different
-Pack really warm clothes- long underwear, hand and feet warmers. A couple days were very cold
-Go out on your own if you are the type who doesn't want to move with 200+ of your closest friends- we did that in Vienna and had a wonderful time
- Make reservations on the pre or post trip for dinner.
- I would do the post trip over the pre trip if I had to choose. Simply due to time change and jet lag. If you can do both, then for sure do both!
The room was nice. It had an extra sitting area and a bigger bathroom area. There are no other perks to booking a suite then more room. If I were to do a river cruise again I would book in the summer so you can enjoy having the sliding door open.
Good tour with great background information of the city.View All 218 Walking Tour Reviews
This was an amazing abbey. We enjoyed the tour- it was cold!View All 62 Benedictine Abbey Reviews
Highlight of the trip since I love Sound of MusicView All undefined undefined Reviews
We did a walking tour in the morning and then took a taxi back in later to see the lights and the Christmas Markets.View All 183 Walking Tour Reviews