3. Viking Buri
We had always wanted to go on a River Cruise and friends of ours recommended the Lyon to Avignon cruise so we booked it. From the moment we arrived on the ship to the time we left for home we were impressed with the amenities and the hospitality of the ship's crew. We arrived early on the first day having taken an early flight from LHR to Lyon and since we were the only ones on our flight we had the pleasure of getting a private car from the airport to the ship. Since we arrived early (at about 10am), our room was not ready so we checked our luggage with the front desk and had a nice chat with a couple who were getting ready to depart. I thought we were going to have to wait until 3pm, but we were pleasantly surprised that our room was ready at about 11am! We got a short tour of the room and after we unpacked it was time for lunch. The included excursions were good for the most part and for the majority of our time we had good weather. It was only the last full day when we had rain. We did two of the optional tours ("Beaujolais and Truffles" and "the Flavors of Provence") and would recommend them highly. Overall, we would recommend this cruise to others. I would have liked to spend more time in Avignon, but now that I have been to that part of France I would probably go back to Lyon and Avignon.

Lyon to Avignon on Viking

Viking Buri Cruise Review by stu52

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

Overall, we would recommend this cruise to others.

stu52’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Buri price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D 208
The cabin was located on the main deck not far from the front desk. Size was fine since we didn't spend much time in it. No problem with noise from hallway or the deck above.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins