3. Nieuw Amsterdam
We received a casino offer for our December 9 cruise which we couldn't pass up. The only drawback was the fact that our Inside K cabin did not have a sofa, only a desk chair. This made it particularly uncomfortable for my husband. This isn't a complaint, just a heads-up. As always the Holland America crew was friendly and personable. Food was wonderful as were the ship amenities. We were not able to tender to the private island due to the weather and I was pleased to see that we received a reduction in the port charges. I hadn't even considered this. I was disappointed because I really enjoy Half Moon Cay. Embarkation and disembarkation went smoothly. I really like Holland America's policy that you can wait in your cabin for your disembarkation number to be called. It is so much less stressful than waiting in a public area. We look forward to cruising with Holland America again especially if the casino offer comes through again.

Casino offer.

actdir’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam price drops

Interior Stateroom
Cabin K 5036
Small but comfortable. No sofa, just a desk chair.
Upper Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins