3. Oasis of the Seas
First of all let me be clear that this review of 12/2 sail takes all things into consideration. I do not expect perfection. Esp as our ship was at max capacity of 6000 plus people. With that said, I can honestly say this was the best cruise ship and experience ever overall! I went w my family linclufing teen and ship was decked out in holiday decos wonderful! Tips first: 1. Try to prepare early. as we did. We booked shows and booked dining time & bought dining, excursions & drink packages early online and when on sale. First night done right was great promotion Thank you RC. 2. Bring RTIC or insulated cup that keeps your drink cold. I used daily for water & on excursions. You can get ice in rooms. 3. Get to everything early to get your seat if you can. 4. Bring cash to tip extra or make room on your acct. The staff works hard and if you feel they deserve it xtra tip $ will be there. 5. Check daily schedule early plan your day bc lots of activities. SHIP AND RESTAURANTS: Beautiful and well decorated. Very clean always. Never felt crowded to us. Expect waits usually short at busy times at elevator. Multiple elevators that work fast thank you. Booking like we did when school still in helps as not over whelming # of young kids at all. Loved the neighborhoods and I think that made all the difference in not feeling crowded. Must go through Central Park during day and night and listen to live music, eat at cafe and restaurants esp Chops Grille. I wasn’t there to shop but Tiffany’s Coach shops there if ur interested. We ate at Chops and their service, seafood & steak were outstanding. The intimate dining was peaceful and relaxing. Note: paying extra for lobster well worth it. But we loved the whole hot lobster more than cold seafood tower. shive portions and can get multiple sides. All delicious! Our 12 year old really liked the teen area. His input: loved that they had Mario Smash brothers and Mario Kart in wii and have ps3 Xbox 360 and PS4 games too. It’s located right next to arcade which needs better prizes (now just dollar tree type prizes) and cheaper games. (most cost $2 each). Claw machines don’t close. It was nice that teen area is close to basketball flowrider and wipe out cafe more free food. He liked the Boardwalk area esp variety of hot dog cool carousel. He loved Johnny Rockets bacon burger and onion rings. Staff there were super friendly w excellent service. Royal promenade was beautifully decorated w huge Chridtmas tree lights etc. Cafe Promenade had great desserts and good sandwiches avail 24 hours. Sorrentos pizza was good too and also always available I did $10 sale and T-shirt sale. Both crowded but great deals on watches purses hats etc. long lines for checkout expected. Bought gifts for relatives friends and us. Pool area was nice especially hot tub. But I only went once and early when it wasn’t crowded. I highly recommend walking around the ship very early when not crowded I enjoyed the quiet beauty of ship then. CABIN: Very clean and very nice room and bathroom overall. The sofa bed couch had some nasty stains but we covered w sheets blanket. Our room attendant took great care of our needs and kept room clean and well stocked. Lots of hangers. I decorated our room w Christmas decos which kept it festive. Loved the 24 hours of Christmas movies but need at add more movies as only 4. We tried the pay movies but movies kept cutting out or messing up it was irritating and we gave up. Glad I brought my DVD player n movies. Room service. We used this multiple times for our teen and worth extra charge and tip. Staff incredibly fast and we all especially enjoyed the delicious wings and sandwiches. Excursions: Recom book excursions early online to avoid disappointment, remember 6000 people. We went to 2 beach excursions precooked online for St. Thomas and Bahamas and tour on St Martin. Bahamas was the best! The beach at Bahamas where my son did stingray encounter was gorgeous and he really enjoyedbstingrsys. Thought about dolphins but we had swam w dolphins bf on another cruise but never stingrays. . Staff at encounter and on ferry boat were friendly and awesome! Ferry boat guys played fun music & led us in claps singing etc we all participated in thank you! Best time to get pics of ship. Beach had lots of loungers and free tubes but rest stuff cost to rent. We brought our own snorkels masks recon. 2nd beach St Thomas nice but no chairs loungers not nice. Scary ride through mountains and long drive to get there and back esp as people including driver drive erratically and fast. We hung on for dear life. We would skip this one . Beach w birds diving in water cool but negatives outweighed. Last excursion was better than expected. Bus tour of St Maarten both sides. We did not pre book and were on waiting list. Thankfully RC I believe got more buses to accommodate demand or pulled through and we were able to go. Comfortable cold air cond buses and nice stop to Historical ice cream shop. Tour driver provided lots onf interesting facts.. You can walk to nearby bakery which had amazing pastries for great prices. Shopping at open shops ok. Very nice stop to take pics neat top. Overall nice relaxing tour. SHOWS: We went to all shows except Cats and prebooked online a must do. I wished I had seen cats but heard mixed reviews and really tired at time so nixed it. All the shows were great especially the ice skating one. Costumes, and choreography were mesmerizing. Adult Comedy show featuring multiple comedians was really good too. Crew on ship: Amazing wonderful crew. We had some incorrect billing and contacted customer service but they straightened it out. Customer service was always nice friendly and professional and seemed to care, Windjammer and dining crew always friendly and hardworking. In the dining room, We enjoyed the very delicious selection and variety of food including desserts. Staff was excellent. Highly recommend trying escargot. The breakfast was always good w lots of choices but lunch needs work. Other than the unexpected pleasure of steamboat round yes! The lunch buffet was just good. Never got any good Mexican food and miss sushi. I skipped lunch at times and saved my appetite for dinner. Have to recognize the Filipino dining and wait staff in particular who always are sincerely friendly and hardworking and go above beyond. I would imagine they work in areas positions behind the scenes too and I hope RC rewards them as well as other nationalities that do such a great job, by giving deserved promotions. Or placemead in head or key positions. I do not see Philippines in head waiter positions like I think they should. As diamond members we’ve been on many RC cruises including w other lines. I recognize that the staff we’ve had are from many countries including on this cruise and i appreciate that fact. To have to be on all the time day in and out and away from family for lengthy periods must be very trying and I for one really appreciate the effort given to make our stay a positive memorable one. Thanks also to the Captain and officers & crew who kept us safe. The captain made the tough but right decision to turn ship around for very sick cruiser. I can say I have always been impressed with Royal Caribbean’s crew and staff and excellent food and it is the reason RC is my fav line. Only real negative was debarkation was very behind. Possibly due to customs. And very crowded for boarding. But again expected the crowds. We parked next to ship which was worth $ bc saved us time and effort.

Excellent cruise experience

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Brightsunnymom

5. Check daily schedule early plan your day bc lots of activities.

Brightsunnymom’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 6V
Deck 6 interior. Very clean with wonderful attendant.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins