Seabourn Encore Cruise Review

Seabourn Encore Cruise Review by Downunder cruiser

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

Having sailed and read Stickman's review, I agree wholeheartedly although having not sailed with Crystal cannot comment on that but he hit the nail on the head regarding Seabourn's lack of service both in food and drink service onboard the Encore.

My husband and I have sailed over 100 days with Seabourn and were very disappointed in Seabourn Encore. The ship is too big and is not what we expected. it is a beautiful ship but the food quality and ineptness of the wait and drink staff (not all but 99%) was unacceptable and this spoilt our cruise. As for Thomas Keller - forget it. Waste of time and space. The overall experience in the dining areas and bars was what you would expect from Carnival or Royal Caribbean not Seabourn. Too big now and untrained staff left a bad taste in our mouth. So many times when I ordered a drink (not even once a day) I was refused because an ingredient was missing. Honestly. Not good enough Seabourn.

So if you are considering Seabourn I would recommend you go elsewhere as there are many cruiselines who offer a similar but superior product and do deliver what they advertise.

I have kept this short and sweet as Stickman has given in depth reviews.

Happy Cruising

Downunder cruiser's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Suite
Cabin V6 9`4

Excellent cabin and the location was great to access the pool area and the Colonnade. Also easy access to the Observation Lounge via the elevator just next to our room.

No noise at all.

The toiletries were kept under lock and key and after we embarked and placed shampoo, conditioner and shower gel in shower they were not replenished on the bathroom shelf until I commented to the F&B Manager. Anywhere you go these days, the toiletries are automatically replenished. Not in our Cabin.

Both the bathroom and walk in robe was smaller than we had on a recent cruise on Silver Shadow. The shower cubicle on Silver Shadow was double the size.

Cut strawberries and other fruit were left on a plate on our table in our suite but left uncovered. Not acceptable. Should be covered with cling wrap when the strawberries are cut.

Downunder cruiser