3. Enchantment of the Seas
We did the three-night Enchantment cruise right before Christmas and we had a lovely time. We’ve been on the Enchantment several times before, as we are local to Florida. It is a quick, easy trip. The ship is still in great shape and after we were onboard, we did not have any problems with our sail (more on check-in procedures later). I would recommend this ship to anyone new or experienced with cruising. We had great service in the MDR and the waiters did their best to move along the long dinners for our children. We had great service in the Windjammer on the first day! We had several waiters ask to grab us drinks!! In over 15 years, and over 15 cruises, I’ve never been served a drink in the Windjammer. It was a pleasant and wonderful surprise. The kids club was great and our daughter asked to attend each night. The Diamond Lounge had great service from Courtney, thank you! We opted for Atlantis in Nassau to see the Christmas decorations. We decided to take the local water taxi for $4 each. Once we made the mistake, I remembered we made this mistake several years ago. The water taxi is slow and the “guide” is very, very, very, very loud during his “tour.” We were just looking for a cheap activity. We won’t do this again. The real taxi is the same ($4 per person) and is a lot less painful. Or, we should have just gone to Cable Beach on the #10 bus, which is always a good time. We love Coco Cay. The additions are coming along nicely. Although, I’m not sure how they are going to make their May 2019 deadline. The waterpark is far from complete. We noticed signs for the hotair balloon rides to begin in December, 2018… but the balloon was nowhere in sight. We opted for the snorkel and sandbar excursion (offered by RCI, with local vendor). The snorkeling was great; the snorkel guide was very knowledgeable. But, the best part was the sandbar. The water was relaxing and beautiful! If you are thinking about this Coco Cay excursion, you can search YouTube for videos and they also have a facebook page. I would recommend this excursion to anyone, families, singles, anyone. It was great and only took about 2 hours. We were back in time for lunch. Which reminds me, Coco Cay has really improved their lunch buffet. It is the same BBQ as always, but the food is great and they added some great selections too. Well done! The casino onboard was fun and the nice low minimum of $5 at the craps pit was a nice surprise. I also visted the spa onboard and my treatment was just ok... but nice to be in the spa none-the-less. I would wait to book once onboard, as there were lots of specials. The only complaint I have was the “expedited” check-in procedure at Port Canaveral. I would not waste your time checking in online, printing your set sail pass, and loading your security pictures. If you choose to still do all this….. I would simply show up and ask to be in the normal, upstairs, (not “expedited” check-in line in port). Silly me, I checked in, uploaded security pics, and printed all our documents. It was a waste of time. In the new, just started, “expedited” check-in procedure at Port Canaveral, you are herded into an “expedited” line. Personally, I really like entering in the Diamond line. I was unable to and was herded with the rest of the bunch. The “expedited” technology is NOT ready for prime time. It was very dark in the “expedited” line, so there was MUCH difficulty scanning our documents and taking our pictures (never mind I had already done this at home when I checked in online before the cruise). When I complained that I had already uploaded our pictures (and could see them in the system), it was explained the photos needed to be rotated and retaken. There is not a rotate feature when you upload your own photo. As I said, the technology is not quite there yet. Instead of being greeted by a nice person at the nice desks upstairs, we are just standing around in the “expedited” area, waiting for our documents to be uploaded property in the dim room. It was explained this was a very new procedure when I complained several times. We were not given our Sea Pass cards. It was explained we would get our Sea Pass cards in our cabin when it was available. I thought this was a huge inconvenience for the “expedited” line. I always like to have my Sea Pass card stamped with a hole punch for my bracelet. Therefore, this was not possible in the “expedited” line. Then, we were given a “gold pass” so that we could by-pass the check-in line and enter right on to the boat (this proved NOT to be the case, as we ended up passing everyone else was in the normal, fast check-in line upstairs). Since we didn’t have Sea Pass cards, we were hassled for having papers and two different people asked us for our “gold pass.” Another way this new procedure is not ready yet. Then, one of our children’s picture did not appear when trying to board the boat, even though I uploaded it several days before, and it was just retaken moments ago. They wanted us to leave our child while they sorted it out, which was asinine to leave a five year old. Although I had been very vocal thus far, this is where my husband drew the line and started to get angry. We asked for Security and it got sorted out quickly thereafter. Bottom line… if anyone encourages you to enter the “expedited” check-in line, ask to just proceed upstairs to the normal, old fashion check-in. You will save yourself a heap of time and frustration and you won’t have to wait for your Sea Pass card. Thank you for letting me vent. If I saved at least one family this frustration, I’ll be happy. But, I am happy to report, surprisingly, our Sea Pass cards were in our cabin several hours later… without a hole punch, but there none-the-less. Allow yourself plenty of time when disembarking, as the line took about an hour, unless your off the boat very, very early.

Enchantment is still a great ship! Avoid "expedited” check-in procedure

Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 2N 2084
Nice cabin even with four people stuffed in. Plenty of space for storage.
Deck 4 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Snorkeling
    The snorkeling and sandbar excursion on Coco Cay was excellent! Very fun for singles or families, experienced with snorkeling or not!. The vendors are top notch!
    View All 69 Snorkeling Reviews