3. Ovation of the Seas
We went with Royal Caribbean for a 13 day 12 night cruise over Christmas and New Years. I have a few issues and a few disappointments whilst we were onboard. 1) If you are traveling with kids, kids cub does not accept kids that are crying or ones who say they do not wish to go to kids club. I have 3 kids 1 who is 8.5 years old who was fine and wanted to go every session. I also have 4.5 year old twins, the twins don't love daycare as it is. Once they are there they are fine, we got lucky and they both joined in but we did get a call a few times to say they were fighting with each other. We had to pick them up a few times due to this, they are brothers and this is normal they were not hurting other children just each other. 2) The food was very poor, we have been with carnival before and they offered great amounts of food and different food. During our time for lunch was Curries, Hamburgers, hot chips, spaghetti bol for lunch, dinner was not much different to the above foods and it was every day. Hamburger rolls were stale meats were mostly dry with not a lot of flavour. 3) Our stateroom bed was TERRIBLE!!!! Both myself and partner woke up everyday with headaches due to the lack of sleep, the bed was super hard and we did not get much sleep during our holiday. 4) Level 14 smoking area is pretty much right across from the kids water park and outdoor pool. Unlike carnival you could not smoke on deck 15 in the open, this was a little disappointing being right next to all the kids stuff. 5) Bumper cars were for 5+ years and over 42cm, my boys were just under 5 they are 3 months out. They hit the height limit with flying colours as they are taller kids. The checks for this depends on the staff running the activities, some younger kids got on then they had a hand over and wanted sea pass cards. I found a lot of things were for over 5 which was bit of a disappointment. 6) This is a bigger ship, the only way I found it bigger was more staterooms. The main areas on the boat are no bigger than previous smaller cruises we have been on. Getting on and off the boat was slower but due to the amount of people it is to be expected. Get off day was TERRIBLE we got off early to try beat the crowds and took our own stuff off. Problem here was there was no instruction no signs just massive lines, you couldn't be sure if you were in the right line or not. 7) Leaving Australia going around New Zealand was a pain on this ship. You need USD for the boat and then NZD. I understand it is an American ship but unlike carnival who goes to Australian $$ it does add up fairly quickly and is a complete pain. The ships transfer is ALOT lower than other places but who was to know. In saying all of that we did enjoy our time but it could have been better, I personally would not go with Royal again.

Food and kids club

Get Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 3D 9298
Bed was a shocker.

Bathroom always smelt even after every clean. We have 4 in our room 2 Adults 2 children. There was no coffee in the room but plenty of tea and kettle. I would have preferred to get no balcony after seeing the size of the room it was no bigger.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins