Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by dragonflywoods

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

My husband and I decided to take our teen kids on a cruise for Christmas this year. We chose the Carnival Paradise, mainly because the dates matched up with the school holiday schedule. This was my 3rd time cruising with Carnival and I found I was not to impressed this time around. We had the bed made into a king, which was literally 2 twin beds pushed together. Nothing holding them together, nothing in the crack, so we did not like that. The weather was not the best, it was cooler and the wind was strong. The ship was moving quite a bit from the wind too. We found it was not very pleasurable to be outside. That left us seeking things to do inside, which seemed a little difficult during the day. The Paradise is an older ship and the decor is not very pretty. I had imagined that the ship would have been more decorated for Christmas, but there was actually very few decorations. The food seemed to get old quick, seemed like the same stuff most days. Our lasts 2 days on the ship the wait staff in the dining room seemed not as good. One morning we had to wait 30 minutes for a our food to be delivered. Overall their were kids running around everywhere and people just leaving there plates of food laying around the ship. I get we are on vacation, but people should have a little more respect. We did down load the Carnival HUB app with 5 of us on this cruise. We discovered that you don't need to buy a internet plan or use your data to use the app. It was very helpful because you can look up show times, food locations and times, keep an eye on your charges. We also got the chat. It was $5.00 per person but well worth it. With 5 people going in different directions, it was a great way to let your family know where your heading next or what time to meet for dinner. I think the next cruise I take with Carnival will be on a newer ship with maybe a better floor plan too.

dragonflywoods's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6D R182

We had the bed made into a king, which was literally 2 twin beds pushed together. Nothing holding them together, nothing in the crack, so we did not like that. We had a window and I personally love having a window. Room was nothing fancy, but it worked just fine.

Gumbalina Park

We really enjoyed seeing the nature and wind monkey's and parrots. It's not everyday you get to have a monkey crawling around your shoulders or head.

View All 191 Gumbalina Park Reviews

We really enjoyed the ball game. This excursion offered a great cultrial experience foe my family. The Mexican dance was fun to watch. The lunch was OK. I will say it's traditional Mexican food. I've decided I prefer American Mexican.

View All undefined undefined Reviews