3. Regal Princess
I selected Princess Regal because most reviews were good and the price of our balcony stateroom was fair for a Christmas cruise. This was my fourth cruise and my daughters first. I have cruised with Disney and Royal Caribbean prior and fully trusted this was going to be equivalent to them, NOT true! Embarking was just ok, felt like a “number” and felt rushed by the staff. Staff appeared unhappy and all had fake smiles, nothing seemed genuine and we certainly did feel welcomed. (Compared to Disney and R/C where we always felt appreciated and literally felt like royalty). Food was equivalent to school cafeteria, it all “looked” tasty however we had to take two plates to taste-test - it was pretty bad. Service was even worse, staff not friendly and we almost felt invisible on this cruise UNLESS they wanted to solicited you for an event. Was told prior to cruising that all cabins were equipped with Roku and Prime TV. (Told by Princess Cruise Lines 800 #) NOT true! Our tv did not work for any of the News programs. If you try to call Guest Services they never answer! Room service was good (must be a different kitchen) however menu is somewhat limited. Staterooms very small, as well as balcony. Nothing fancy and furnishings are worn and broken. Refrigerator was barely cool. Balcony table broken and beat. Anytime Dining was a joke! Long lines! We only experienced the Dining room one evening, food was less than stellar, tasted like Scwanns and pre cooked! Horrible! And I just could not get past how unhappy the staff was. I am sure this comes from the top, Princess must not treat their staff well! Disembarking went quickly however, again, the staff was NOT friendly! Old gentleman monitoring the escalator literally YELLED at my daughter! My daughter never wants to sail again. I will stick with R/C and Disney, I never thought I would be miserable on a newer and expensive cruise until now!

Bad food and crew wasn’t attentive compared to other Cruise Lines

Regal Princess Cruise Review by Bef6013

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean

Bef6013’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Cabin D209
Very small and unimpressive. For a four year old ship it is warn. Couch is a fabric and beaten. Balcony very small compared to other cruise lines.
  Regal Princess Deck Plans