We chose this cruise as it suited our dates and meeting up with friends from the other side of the world.
Costa cruises have not understood what they are selling - it seems they think they provide a transport when they SHOULD provide an experience for their customers!
* Very poor service - always long queues at the hospitality service, who where the only ones to answer any questions, even though they didn´t understand the language. Poor service.
* Additional costs, which you didn´t know about.
* Poor service at the cabins, we had bought a full drinking package which included minibars - but they didn´t fill it up or they filled it up with what they had on their carriage - meaning Sprite, Coke. No water.
* Very poor foodquality at main dinner! And slow service - they didn´t know how to serve at a table. Unexperienced, untrained personel..... Very rude Head waiters! As I wrote before - I wonder if they know why they are there! For whom......
* they asked us to fill in 9-10 on their evaluation - because they had all these 900 personel working up to 12 hours a day, 5-11 months a year, without any days off - which they were bragging about. I should be embarrased to say that at all!!!! Maybe that is why they cannot fulfill their work - they are exhausted...
Summary, bad service and bad organisation. It is so little needed for the customer to be satisfied. And they failed it totally!!! DO NOT BUY A CRUISE WITH THE COSTA FORTUNA!