Prinsendam Cruise Review

This was a great cruise on a great cruise line.

Prinsendam Cruise Review by Umbarger

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Verandah Ocean-View Stateroom

We didn't really care for Brazil but the cruise was first rate. This ship is wonderful and small. It didn't take me 30 minutes to walk to the front of the ship. I loved this ship and am sad we are losing it.

A few weeks before the cruise we decided to upgrade to a balcony cabin. It was the best thing we could have done. We were always out on the balcony. It made our cruise so much more enjoyable.

The service was top notch. Never had an issue with anything. Every staff member was kind and bent over backwards to help you.

Entertainment in the show room was hit and miss. I loved the production shows. The other musicians were talented but I can only take so much flute or horn music. The comedians were clean but not very funny.

The food was excellent. We ate in the dining room and it was always good. The buffet was also good. The dive in had the best burgers and fries.

This was a very quiet cruise.So relaxing. No kids. No bells or whistles on this ship which was fine with us. Being 55 I think I was one of the youngest passengers on the ship. Most everyone was over 70.

Wonderful cruise. Will be cruising with Holland America again.

Umbarger's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Verandah Ocean-View Stateroom

We were on deck 8. Loved being on this deck as everything I wanted was on this deck. Guest relations, shops and showroom. The walls are very thin in these balcony cabins. I could hear the neighbors TV many times. The balcony is huge. We could have fit 8 people on it.

Meeting of the Waters (Encontro das Aguas)

Nice boat trip. We stopped for lunch. Swam with pink dolphins. Saw the meeting of the waters. A long, long boat ride.

View All 14 Meeting of the Waters (Encontro das Aguas) Reviews
Colonial District Tour

It was okay but we were put on a Spanish language train and didn't understand a word of it.

View All 1 Colonial District Tour Reviews